The Amazon Instant Video app on Android is one of the best streaming apps you can have. If you have an American Amazon Prime account, you’re probably already aware that the US Amazon Instant Video version is geoblocked outside USA. So how can you unblock and watch American Amazon Instant Video on Android in UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, or France? The answer is by using VPN or Smart DNS proxies. Either method will allow you to bypass geographical restrictions and watch Amazon Prime videos on Android abroad.
Unblock and Watch US Amazon Instant Video on Android outside USA with VPN or Smart DNS Proxy
: Amazon recently launched their Amazon Prime Video service globally. If you have signed up for a local Prime Video account, you can use it along with ExpressVPN
to change your Amazon Prime Video region to USA
Unblock Amazon Instant Video on Android outside USA via VPN
Streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, or HBO GO are geoblocked outside USA. That means you cannot watch these channels abroad unless you spoof your location. This is where VPN comes into the equation. Using VPN, you can get an American IP address anywhere in the world. This effectively tricks Amazon and other video-on-demand services to think you are located in the US. Here are the necessary steps to unblock and watch US Amazon Instant Video outside USA with VPN.
- The first thing you need is a VPN service. If you have not signed up with any VPN provider, consider ExpressVPN. They have multiple American VPN servers and excellent customer support.
- Once you have created your VPN account, download the VPN app to your Android. VPN can also be setup on Android via network settings without the need for the app.
- All that is left to do to unblock American Amazon Prime on your Android is to connect to a US VPN server. This will allow you to obtain a US IP address.
- To unblock other American streaming channels like WatchESPN, Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, or ABC Go, use the same VPN setup.
While I highly recommend ExpressVPN to unblock and watch Amazon Instant Video on Android outside USA, there are other VPN providers out there you can use to access American channels overseas.
How to Watch Amazon Instant Video on Android outside USA with Smart DNS
VPN’s only setback is that it drags down your Internet speed by about 10 to 15% as a result of routing your traffic through the American VPN server. While this action ensures that your traffic is kept safe and encrypted, it does take its toll on your bandwidth. So, if you do not have a fast-enough Internet connection, you might consider using Smart DNS instead of VPN to unblock US Amazon Instant Video on Android outside USA.
- Like VPN, Smart DNS can be directly configured on your Android device.
- The amount and nature of channels you can unblock using Smart DNS depends on the Smart DNS proxy service you are using. Unlocator, for example, allows you to unblock around 219 channels including Amazon Prime.
- With Smart DNS, you do not need to change your network configuration every time you want to unblock a channel from a different region.
- While VPN is not affected by DNS hijacking or transparent proxies, Smart DNS might not work if your ISP uses such methods.
Signing up for a free trial with Unlocator is free and requires no credit card. To setup Smart DNS on your Android, follow Unlocator’s setup guides.
US Amazon Instant Video on Android – How to Watch outside USA?
The articles covered most pros and cons of Smart DNS as opposed to VPN. It’s your choice to make of whether to use VPN or Smart DNS proxies. Either way, you can unblock and watch American Amazon Instant Video on Android outside USA.