Amazon Instant Video is a great VOD streaming service provided by Amazon. With an Amazon Prime subscription, you can watch selected movies and TV shows without additional cost. At the moment, Amazon Instant Video is available in selected regions only. To unblock and watch Amazon Instant Video on Smart TV outside USA, you have to spoof your location using VPN or Smart DNS proxy. With either method, you can unblock and watch Amazon Instant Video on Smart TV in UK, Canada, Australia, Spain, Germany, or France.
Watch American Amazon Instant Video on Smart TV outside USA VPN vs Smart DNS Proxy
: Amazon recently launched their Amazon Prime Video service globally. If you have signed up for a local Prime Video account, you can use it along with ExpressVPN
to change your Amazon Prime Video region to USA
Amazon Instant Video Compatible Smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TV
How to Unblock Amazon Instant Video on Smart TV outside USA via Smart DNS Proxy
Smart DNS is the more suitable method to watch Amazon Instant Video abroad due to the fact that most Smart TVs are compatible with Smart DNS. In short, Smart DNS redirects only the location-related bits of your traffic so that Amazon Prime gets tricked into thinking you are located in US. Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to watch Amazon Instant Video on Smart TV overseas.
- First, you need to get the required DNS codes (DNS server addresses) which need to be configured on your Smart TV. These DNS codes can be obtained by signing up with Smart DNS services such as Unlocator.
- Once you have got hold of the DNS codes, configure Smart DNS on your Smart TV. Unlocator has setup Smart DNS setup guides for Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, and Sharp Smart TVs.
- Now you can watch Amazon Instant Video on your Smart TV in UK, Canada, UAE, Australia, and the rest of the world.
- Consequently, you can also watch US Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Showtime, Crackle and other American channels on your Smart TV.
Unlocator offer a free one-week trial to test their services. You do not need a credit card to sign up. Unlocator’s list of 218 supported channels is definitely worth checking out as well.
How to Watch Amazon Instant Video on Smart TV Abroad with VPN
Trying to watch Amazon Instant Video outside USA will result in an error message that says “This video isn’t available due to geographical licensing restrictions.” Amazon blocks you by looking at your IP address. You can bypass these geographical restrictions by changing your IP address. Using VPN, you can get an American IP address abroad. The result is that you can now watch All US-only channels on your Smart TV including Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, HBO Go, and Crackle.
- VPN provides you with extra privacy by encrypting your traffic. You also can surf the web anonymously while using VPN.
- Smart TVs do not have VPN clients. As a result, you have to setup VPN on your router to enable a VPN connection on your Smart TV.
- Some ISPs around the world use DNS hijacking and transparent proxies. If you ISP is one of them, you have to use VPN instead of Smart DNS to watch Amazon Instant Video outside USA.
ExpressVPN is a trustworthy VPN you can try. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money back option as well.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Amazon Instant Video outside USA – How to Unblock and Watch?
I’d recommend using Smart DNS to unblock and watch Amazon Instant Video outside USA simply due to the fact you do not have to change your router settings to get it working. If you have a technical background and have used VPN before, you can also use that method to access your Amazon Prime subscription on your Smart TV abroad.