The gorgeous Winter-haven Principality of Liechtenstein should be on every travel-bug’s bucket list. A tiny constitutional monarchy, Liechtenstein falls between Switzerland and Austria boasts one of the best GDPs in the world and a low unemployment rate of 1.5%. If you’re planning on moving to Liechtenstein for work or tourism-related reasons, don’t forget to get yourself a VPN before you land there. Read on to find out why you’d need a VPN in the Principality and which VPNs you should consider getting.
Flag of the Principality of Liechtenstein
Best Liechtenstein VPNs – Overview
Our list for the top-tier VPNs that work best in Liechtenstein:
Why Would You Need a VPN in Liechtenstein?
According to the Freedom House, Liechtenstein has a very free internet. In fact, it is one of the few European countries that barely enforce any kind of internet censorship. In other words, you’ll be able to enjoy total freedom of the internet the moment you land Liechtensteinian soil.
This does not mean that you don’t need to take precautions when it comes to your online privacy. It is true the that Liechtensteinian government doesn’t censor or monitor the online activities of its residents. However, the same treatment is not extended by hackers, attackers, and all around internet baddies.
You need a VPN in Liechtenstein to help protect your data and your traffic from any third-parties interested in data theft. A VPN will re-route your traffic through a secure connection established on its own servers. This will block anyone from being able to figure out what it is that you’re doing online. VPNs also encrypt all of your data, making sure that the threat of data-theft is continuously averted.
As an added bonus, the process of re-routing your traffic ends up changing your public IP address as well. This comes in handy when you want to unblock a website, media file, or application that has been regionally restricted. Even though the Liechtensteinian authorities don’t block websites (unless they’re illegal), they have no authority over regional restrictions and geo-blocks. The only way to access geo-blocked sites is by spoofing your IP. With a VPN, you can also:
- Gain a level of anonymity online that continuously protects your identity.
- Torrent and engage in P2P file sharing with ease.
- Find cheaper deals for flights, hotel bookings, and e-shopping online.
- Enjoy online gaming without worrying about DDoS attacks and server malfunctions.
Even though Liechtenstein has an impressively free internet, you can still benefit from having yourself a VPN connection.
Best VPN for Liechtenstein
Now that you know what a VPN does and why you’d need it on Liechtensteinian soil, let’s talk about what you should look for in a VPN. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Free VPNs aren’t really free. You’ll end up paying for the shady service in ways more valuable than money.
- By nature of its functionality, a VPN will slow your internet connection down. This could either be a significant slow or a barely noticeable one. Find the provider that has servers optimized for speed and P2P file sharing.
- Make sure that the VPN you’re looking at has servers located in as many regions as possible. The closer you are to a server (geographically) the fast the connection will be.
- Look for added features like Killswitch, Smart DNS, ad-blockers and others. These aren’t necessary for a VPN but offer an all-around better VPN experience.
Got all that? Great. We’ve gone ahead and done this research for you. Here are our top 3 VPN service providers that you should use in Liechtenstein.
Our top suggestion is widely known as the best VPN service provider on the market. Truth be told, it’s very obvious why. ExpressVPN provides an impeccable VPN service, checking off all of the marks with flying colors. With ExpressVPN, you’ll get:
- 2000+ servers in more than 94+ countries.
- 5-star customer support team accessible via live chat.
- Military-grade encryptions and the latest VPN protocols.
- One of the tightest zero-log policies.
- Servers optimized for speed, P2P file sharing, and DDoS protection.
- A free Smart DNS feature.
- A Killswitch.
- A 30-day refund policy, no questions asked.
Read the full ExpressVPN review here.
Our second suggestion is known for its blazing fast speeds. BulletVPN is another top-tier provider that performs excellently on all of the VPN checks. With BulletVPN, you’ll get:
- A Smart DNS feature.
- Strict zero-logs policy.
- 5 different VPN protocols and military-grade encryptions.
- 47+ servers in 29+ countries, distributed across the inhabited world.
- 24/7 live chat customer support.
- 30-day refund policy, no questions asked.
Read the full BulletVPN review here.
Our third suggestions for the top 3 Liechtensteinian VPNs is NordVPN. NordVPN is a features heavy VPN that offers its users many different add-ons to perfect their VPN experience. With NordVPN, you’ll get:
- Anti-DDoS servers for safer online gaming.
- Airtight zero-logs policy.
- A Double VPN feature for two-fold encryption
- Servers optimized for speed and streaming.
- 2048-bit SSL encryptions.
- 4800+ servers in 62+ countries.
- 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- 30-day refund policy, no questions asked.
Read the full NordVPN review here.
Using a VPN in Liechtenstein – Final Thoughts
In our modern day and age, you always need to make sure that you’re protected while online. For that reason, we suggest always having a VPN connection, regardless of where you end up going. In Liechtenstein, you can benefit from a VPN’s anonymity, privacy, and security while also using its ability to access geo-blocked content.
Best VPN for the Principality of Liechtenstien
Security & Privacy