How to Get Sony Crackle on Android
Sony Crackle offers its services for free. However, Sony recently shut down Crackle Latin America after concluding the business isn’t economically viable. As for the app, it is also available for free for Android users. Follow these simple steps to download it:
- Go to your Google Play Store and enter Sony Crackle in the Search field
- Then, choose Sony Crackle – Free Movies & TV
- Click Install. Once the operation is complete, hit Open and enjoy streaming your favorite movies.
Google Play Movies & TV
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, this is one application that you don’t have to install because it is built in your device. Google Play Movies & TV is an online video on demand service operated by Google. It offers movies and shows for buying or rental.
You can download anything you purchase or rent on the service and watch it when you’re offline. Furthermore, you can stream it instantly on your Android phone or tablet, or on your TV using Chromecast.
Google states that “most movies and TV shows on Google Play are available in high definition.” Also, the company added a 4K Ultra HD video option for select titles in December 2016. It began offering content in 4K HDR quality in the United States and Canada in July 2017. Users can pre-order select content and have it delivered automatically at the time of release. However, rented content has an expiration time.
Top Movies Available on Google Play Movies & TV
You can enjoy a wealth of options when it comes to films and series, including:
- The Upside
- John Wick 2
- Mile 22
- The Lego Movie 2
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Robin Hood
- The Vanishing
- Justice League
- Dark Knight Rises
- Mission: Impossible Fallout
Tubi is a free ad-supported streaming service based in San Francisco, California. It launched in 2014 and today provides more than 50,000 titles, including movies and TV shows from the biggest studios. These include Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn Mayer, Lionsgate, Warner Bros, and Universal Pictures.
The streaming service does not require credit cards or subscription. According to the company, Tubi’s goal is to “free as many categories of TV shows and movies as we can so you don’t have to pay for online entertainment (like you do for other streaming services).”
Furthermore, the channel claims that all their content is also highly rated on IMDb. You’ll enjoy countless categories including drama, comedy, action, horror, anime, Spanish language (Telenovela), Korean movies,” and much, much more from Hollywood, Japan, and Korea!”
Tubi’s library features films and series like:
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure,
- School of Rock,
- Crocodile Dundee
- World Trade Center
- True Grit
- Sound City
How to Download Tubi on Your Android Device
Tubi is a free ad-supported service, which means users don’t have to pay a single penny to watch their favorite movies. They only need to endure a few short ads before and during a movie or TV show. Therefore, if you wish to install it on your Android device, just follow the below steps:
- Enter the Google Play store.
- In the Search bar on top of the page, type in Tubi.
- Select Tubi – Free Movies & TV Shows.
- Click the green Install button.
- Wait till the installation process is complete then press Open.
- Enjoy your favorite movies, free of charge.
Vudu is a US content delivery and media technology company that provides free full-length movies online. You can stream, buy, or rent any film you’d like on the go, or even download your favorite show and watch offline at any time.
The company started out by only making its own set-top boxes before shifting to a smart TV/connected television platform and video on demand (VoD) distribution service.
The service gives you the option to buy or rent your favorite shows, with several of its content available for free streaming. Moreover, you don’t need a subscription: you only pay for what you want to watch.
Vudu has some rich content when it comes to movies and series. Its library features:
- Captain Marvel
- Escape Plan
- Avengers Infinity War
- A Star Is Born
- Incredibles 2
- Get Out
- Jurrasic World
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Thor Ragnarok
- The Meg
How to Install Vudu on Android
With three choices available to watch what you want, including certain free content, it’s tempting to install Vudu on your device.
Go to your Google Play store and type Vudu in the Search field.
Select Vudu – Rent, Buy or Watch Movies with No Fee!
Click Install. The process should take a few moments.
When the installation process is over, press Open if you want to immediately start browsing for movies.
Mubi is a website with multiple features. It offers a subscription VoD service, a social network for film critics, and a film database and online magazine called The Notebook. MUBI was founded as The Auteurs in 2007 by Turkish-born entrepreneur Efe Cakarel as a social network for cinema lovers.
After the rebranding, the service launched a video-on-demand model in select territories in 2012, before going global in 2014. MUBI doesn’t have a large library of movies. Instead, it provides “a hand-picked selection of the best films for just $10.99 a month.”
“Every day our experts introduce you to a film they love and you have a whole month to watch it, so there will always be 30 extraordinary films for you to enjoy,” says the company website.
Get MUBI on Your Android Device
MUBI has a wide selection of movies for rental. And since cinema experts and critics select the films themselves, you know you’re in for a treat. Learn how to install it on your device:
- Tap the Google Play icon on your screen.
- Type MUBI in the Search field.
- Select MUBI – Stream & Download Films from the list of results.
- Click the Install button. Once complete, hit Open to start browsing for films.
Kodi is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It was developed by the XBMC/Kodi Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium.
Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows users to easily browse and view videos (in addition to photos, podcasts, and music) from local and network storage media as well as the internet using only a few buttons.
Disclaimer from Kodi:
- Kodi does not supply or include any media or content.
- Users must provide their own content or install one of the third-party plug-ins
- Kodi has no affiliation with any third-party plug-in or add-on provider what so ever.
- It does not endorse the streaming of copyright protected material without permission of the copyright holder.
- In order to upgrade from a previous version, you must have installed an official released version by Team Kodi. Any other version may cause failure to upgrade.
How to Install Kodi on Your Android Device
Kodi is the ultimate entertainment center. It is 100% free and open source, very customizable, and runs on a wide variety of devices like Windows, iOS, OSX, Android, Linux, and Raspberry Pi. So if you wish to install on it your device and use it to watch movies, you can download it for free from the Google Play store.
- Go to Google Play and type Kodi in the Search bar on top of the page.
- Choose Kodi from the list of results. You’ll know it’s the right one when you see that it’s developed by ‘XBMC Foundation.‘
- Click Install and wait for the operation to finish.
- Then, press Open and enjoy free video browsing.
How to Access Apps Using a VPN
Installing the best Android apps for movies on your device isn’t enough. Unfortunately, due to licensing issues, most of these channels are geo-blocked outside the United States. Hulu and HBO Go, for example, are off limits from abroad. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, however, offer different libraries depending on which country or region you’re in.
Occasionally, if you try to access most of these apps from outside Uncle Sam’s territories, something similar to this will pop up on your screen: “Not in Service area. HBO Go is only supported in the US and certain territories.”
Each app will display its own error message if it implements geo-blocks. The problem is that these services can determine your location through your IP address. Therefore, you need to hide it. And the only way to do that is with a VPN.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is an abbreviation of a virtual private network. It is a tool that can spoof your online location by rerouting your internet traffic. It allows you to connect to a foreign network of your choice, then gives you a new IP address from the region that you selected.
Simply put, when you use a VPN, you can connect to a US server. Once you do that, you’ll get a new American IP address. This whole process will make it appear as if you were physically in the USA, which will trick these apps to unblock their content.
Good VPNs will also encrypt your traffic so that internet service providers and other snoopers cannot monitor your online activity. Moreover, they can protect you from malware and other hazards whenever you connect to the internet.
However, please keep in mind that these tools allow you to bypass internet restrictions, meaning they can give you access to the best Android apps for movies wherever you are. But you’ll still need to subscribe to whichever service you want to use. There’s no getting around that one.
For example, if you want to stream a show on Hulu, a VPN will help you avoid the geo-block. After that, you have to sign up to the streaming channel and pay the required fees.
Installing a VPN – the Steps
As you can see, VPNs are quite handy and useful, not just for unblocking the best Android apps for movies, but also whenever you go online. For that reason, they are a must if you want to watch your favorite movies and shows from abroad.
You have to select a well-known and efficient VPN service and subscribe to it. If you’re new to the VPN world and you don’t know where to start, check out the list below for the best providers on the market.
Download and install the app on your device. You can do that from the service’s website or from the Google Play store. Most providers are compatible with the majority of devices and platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS.
Now that you’ve installed the VPN service on your device, sign in and connect to a server from the US. You have to wait a few seconds until the connection is established. Once completed, it will look like this:
Launch whatever app you selected. You’ll notice that the error message that was on display earlier is no more and you can now stream your favorite movies on the best Android apps for movies.
Best VPNs for Android
Nowadays, with so many VPNs available on the market, choosing the right one can be a bit confusing. Therefore, I prepared a list of the highest-ranked brands to help you make your choice.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Our number one pick is ExpressVPN. This provider works perfectly well with our list of best Android apps for movies. Also, it offers amazing features, including:
- A larger server network: The company has over 3,000 servers in 160 locations worldwide, including 94 countries. Those countries include the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, India, Germany, and much more.
- Strong encryption: The military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol ensures total privacy from the snooping eyes of internet service providers, government surveillance, and hackers.
- Incredible speed levels: ExpressVPN offers one of the best speed rates in the industry. So despite using strong encryption, it is perfect for streaming movies and series in full HD.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN implements a strict no-logging policy: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user.”
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: You can download/upload as many files as you want on any torrenting website without fear of any legal issues.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day refund policy. You can demand that you get your money back if you’re not too happy with the services.
And if you want the full list of features, even pros and cons, read our ExpressVPN review.
What About Pirated Apps, Websites?
You can also try watching movies online using torrenting websites like The Pirate Bay, Torrentz2, and YTS.am, but I advise against it.
First, it’s illegal to download a copyrighted film for free via torrent. Therefore, you could face legal action from copyright holders. Second, the website or the movie link itself can contain malware that could infect your device and hack important material. Third, there’s a big chance that you’ll encounter buffering or loading issues. Also, the quality of the video might very poor.
As a result, I recommend that you stay on the safe side and stream shows legally using the best Android apps for movies.
Best Android Apps for Movies – Final Thoughts
In conclusion, if you want to watch films online on your device, these are the best Android apps for movies you should consider. Streaming channels really changed the TV industry in recent years. No more gluing yourself in front of the telly, no more cable subscriptions, no more setup boxes. Now, you can watch whatever you want whenever you want on the go.
However, licensing agreements can sometimes stand in the way if you’re outside your service’s coverage zone. But with a virtual private network like ExpressVPN, you can avoid all sorts of online restrictions and watch your favorite shows from anywhere in the world.