Planning on taking a trip to Panama? Maybe you got a great new job there and are about to become an expat in the Central American country. Either way, going to a new country requires you to understand the laws and regulations of the land. The internet is no exception. In this day and age, knowing about the internet regulations isn’t enough, you need a VPN to protect you at all times. The same goes for Panama. Read on to find out which VPNs ranked as the best VPNs for Panama.
Why Would You Need a VPN in Panama?
Panama is supposed to have an internet that is free of unnecessary censorship. In fact, there haven’t been any official reports of the government spying on people’s internet use. However, various people have claimed that the government is reading their emails. Panama’s government does, in fact, monitor it’s citizen’s internet usage in case of suspected illegal activities. That being said, you can’t truly know if the government of your ISP is spying on your internet usage. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and a VPN can guarantee your online safety. A VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, encrypts all of your data and re-routes your traffic through a secure network using its own servers. With a VPN, your internet traffic is completely secure and private, and no third party can see what it is you’re doing online.
Another reason why you’d need a VPN in Panama as a tourist or an expat is the software’s incredible ability to unblock websites that have been restricted to a specific region. This comes in handy when you’re feeling homesick for your local shows and news, or even if you just want to watch something that can’t be accessed in Panama.
Best VPN for Panama
Now that you know why you’d need a VPN in Panama, and what a VPN can do for you, let’s move on to talking about which VPN you should get.
When you’re looking for a new VPN provider, you need to keep a few things in mind:
- A free VPN service isn’t a good idea. Most free VPNs are actually very dangerous, and your data is almost 100% stored and sold to third parties. This defeats the entire point of a VPN: if a VPN can’t protect your data, why would you even need it? You need to look for a credible paid-for VPN that has a strict zero-log policy.
- VPNs by default slow down your internet speed. However, some VPNs have optimized their servers in a way where it becomes barely noticeable. In fact, if a VPN has good global server coverage, a credible VPN may even speed up your downloads and streaming, as the closer you are to a server the faster the connection.
- The server coverage of a VPN is very important. The more servers a VPN has the better, especially if those servers are located all around the world. The server count isn’t as important as the server’s quality and location, so look for a VPN that has covered all of the inhabited continents with optimized servers.
Don’t worry, we’ve already done the searching for you. Here’s a list of the best VPNs you can use in Panama, all of which fill the criteria I mentioned above and then some:
The top pick for best Panamanian VPNs is ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is considered the best all-around service provider of 2018, and for good reason. They offer 2000+ servers extended over 94+ countries, all of which provide excellent speeds. ExpressVPN also have a strict zero-logs policy and have continuously proven their dedication to their customer’s privacy online, in addition to:
- A Smart DNS feature: MediaStreamer
- Server-wide DDoS Protection
- Military-grade encryptions coupled with the latest VPN protocols
- 5-star customer support team available via live 24/7 chat
- A 30-day money-back guarantee, which lets you test them out before making a commitment.
Read the full ExpressVPN review here.
BulletVPN may not have as many servers as the others on this list, but it still ranked as our 2nd best pick. The reason for that is that, despite its low server count, BulletVPN actually does provide a wide global coverage. Their servers are located on every continent and are optimized for speed and P2P file sharing. BulletVPN also boasts a trusted zero-log policy and take great pride in providing their users with a genuinely private connection. With BulletVPN, you’ll also be getting:
- Military-grade encryptions with 5 different VPN protocols (OpenVPN included)
- A Smart DNS feature
- 24/7 live customer support, either by email or by chat
- A 30-day refund policy, no questions asked
Read the full BulletVPN review here.
- Split Tunneling
- A Smart DNS feature called SmartPlay
- 24/7 live chat support
- A 30-day, no questions asked, refund policy
Read the full NordVPN review here.
Our final pick is IPVanish. This provider boasts over 750 servers in 60+ countries, providing their users with great global coverage. IPVanish provides blazing download speeds, which works perfectly with their P2P optimized servers. They have a zero-log policy and actively work towards ensuring the privacy of their users. With IPVanish, you’ll also benefit from:
- SOCKS5 Proxy
- 24/7 live chat support
- Access to Tier-1 networks
- A 7-day refund policy
Read the full IPVanish review here.
Best VPN for Panama – Final Thoughts
Panama is a great country to move to; its economy is stable, people enjoy a good standard of living, and it offers amazing sites for the nature lovers among us. Despite all that, though, you won’t get any real online protection unless you have a VPN. It’s also not a bad idea to get access to geo-blocked content when you’re in the mood to stream.
Best VPN for Panama
Description: ExpressVPN is the best VPN to use in Panama for a safe, private, and entertaining connection.
Access to Geoblocked Content