If you’re an Irish expat and you’re looking for a way to watch live and catch-up Irish television via the Internet, iBox.ie is the best option available. This channel offers free-to-air Irish and British television channels aired live, the last seven days via their own catch-up, and it only charges €3 on a monthly basis. As an expat, you can’t access iBox outside Ireland. However, that can easily be resolved with a VPN. With that virtual private network, you get to have all the Irish TV you need wherever you are in the world! Read on to learn how you can get access to iBox channel from outside Ireland on all devices PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, Fire TV and Apple TV.
How to watch iBox outside Ireland
How to Watch iBox Outside Ireland Using a VPN
If you try to connect to iBox from outside Ireland, you’ll receive the following message: “The iBox.ie service is only available in Ireland. We are unable to play this channel because you appear to be located outside Ireland.” It couldn’t get any clearer than this. In order to avoid this message all you have to do is trick iBox into thinking that you are located in Ireland. And that necessitates a VPN.
A VPN connects your device to a server located in Ireland thus giving you that server’s IP. After connecting to an Irish server, you’ll be provided with an Irish IP address. With that new IP, you’d be able to access all of iBox’s content. Here’s how you use a VPN to unblock iBox in Ireland.
- Go to ExpressVPN and create your VPN account.
- Then, download and install the VPN application to your device.
- Launch the app and sign into it using the VPN account you have just created.
- From within the app, connect to an Irish VPN server.
- You’ll obtain an Irish IP address.
- Finally, stream iBox and all of your favorite Irish programs online.
The best service provider for unblocking restrictions and granting users access to restricted material is ExpressVPN. It’s fast, secure, and safe for use anywhere. Given that it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, means you have nothing to lose with this subscription. However, if you do want to explore your options, make sure you check out the table below. Note that the VPN you’re going to choose must have servers in Ireland.
There are many reasons why one would need a VPN, and geo-unblocking so happens to be one of them. Regardless of how important bypassing restrictions is, there are other things worth considering when using a VPN like security and privacy. Here are some of the benefits a VPN has to offer:
- Allows you to download, share files, and torrent safely.
- Secures your publicly visible connections through tunneling protocols.
- Secures your data while using public Wi-Fi spots where you are most susceptible to online attacks.
- Protects you from identity thefts.
- Blocks incoming malicious traffic that could possibly reach and damage your devices.
- Bypass any content filters, bans or blacklisting.
- Protects your data from surveillance and spying.
- Enables you to access geo-restricted sites and content.
- Hides your geographical location.
- Prevents bandwidth throttling.
- Saves you money with border-related purchases.
- Helps you get around blocks and other forms of censorship.
Watch iBox Outside Ireland
Good TV is hard to find, so we’re here to save you the trouble of searching for quality Irish TV. iBox which has over 60 channels is all that you’ll need outside Ireland. All you have to do is subscribe to a VPN and connect to an Irish server to get it. Find out which VPN is best for Ireland in this article.