itv offers viewers a wealth of excellent TV programs, which people outside the UK cannot enjoy. What British expats and residents in South Africa need is a VPN or a Smart DNS, and itv will be at their disposal. Read on to learn how.
How to Watch ITV in South Africa
How to Watch ITV in South Africa Using a VPN
British expats often ask the question: “how can I watch itv abroad and other British TV?”. Geo-restrictions pose an issue for expats, travelers, and generally those who are living abroad. Truth be told, itv cannot be accessed outside the UK due to licensing agreements and geo-restrictions. However, watching British TV is very much thought after while being abroad, and there is nothing that can stop viewers from getting watching itv in South Africa.
A virtual private network is a secure method of sending traffic from one computer to another over the Internet. All of the users’ data passes through a private tunnel- which a VPN creates- and gets encrypted along the way. Once, UK expats, have the VPN app installed, they have to connect to a British server. That will grant them a British IP while they’re in SouthAfrica, which will enable them to access itv as if they are physically in the UK. Here’s how to do that:
- The first thing you need to do is sign up for a VPN service.
- Next, you create a VPN account.
- Download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream itv on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
- After you connect to a UK server, you’ll be provided with a British IP address that makes it look like you’re located in the UK.
- Now that you have a British IP, you can easily access itv.
If you want to bypass geo-restrictions without any trouble, check out ExpressVPN. This provider operates a large network of servers in 94 countries including the UK. ExpressVPN can successfully unblock all the sites and apps from anywhere almost instantly. Check other top VPNs for ITV in the table below.
Last Updated Today
How to Watch ITV in South Africa Using a Smart DNS
For faster results, you need to get your hands on a Smart DNS proxy. Part of the reason why it operates quickly is because a Smart DNS does not encrypt user traffic. Instead, it only reroutes the traffic that determines geo-location through a designated server. This particular process allows users to access the content they want based in the country of their choice. Keep in mind that a Smart DNS doesn’t change users’ IP address. Here’s how you get to unblock itv using a Smart DNS in South Africa.
- Sign up with a Smart DNS proxy service that supports unblocking itv.
- Setup Unlocator’s DNS server addresses on your streaming device. You can also configure Unlocator DNS on your router.
- Visit itv’s website or its standalone app and sign in.
- Stream all the best shows itv has in store.
We recommend that you make use of Unlocator as your Smart DNS provider. It will help you get itv in South Africa, and you can benefit from its 7-day free trial.
Watch ITV in South Africa
If you are outside the UK while your favorite TV show or is on itv, use either a VPN or Smart DNS to beat the geo-restrictions, and you can stream the itv content you desire in South Africa.