Funimation is a VOD streaming service that mainly focuses on Anime shows such as My Hero Academia, Drifters and Fairy Tail. It’s very similar to Chrunchyroll in that regard. If you use Kodi a lot and are a fan of Anime, you’re probably looking for a way to combine the two together. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install FunimationNow on Kodi 17.4 Krypton using your PC, Mac, Android, or FireStick.
How to Install Funimation on Kodi
How to Install Funimation on Kodi – Tutorial
Before I go into details on how to install FunimationNow on Kodi, I must state that you need a Funimation account in order to sign into the plugin. Additionally, the addon might not work in case you live outside USA. To bypass these geo-restrictions, you will need to use VPN. Here’s how to install the FunimationNow Kodi addon.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on FunimationNow -> Install.
- Wait until you see the FunimationNow Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including FunimationNow, will appear here.
The first time you launch the plugin, you will be asked to sign in using your FunimationNow account.
Unblock More Content on Kodi – Use VPN
Depending on which region you’re currently accessing Kodi from, some official Kodi video addons might either partially or completely not work for you. This is due to georestrictions imposed on such plugins.You can use VPN to watch anime on FunimationNow in case you currently live outside the United States. . You can find some of the extra features you get out of using VPN with Kodi in the list below.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018.
How to Install Funimation on Kodi 17 Krypton – Wrap Up
If Anime is your thing, you can also check out the Crunchyroll Kodi plugin. Don’t forget to take a look at our list of best Kodi addons for watching cartoons as well.