Is it possible to stream UFC 218 on Kodi 17.6 Krypton? UFC 218 will be held on December 2, 2017 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan. The UFC Featherweight Championship will be on the line as Max Holloway faces Jose Aldo for the second time. In the article below, you can find instructions on how to install UFC Fight Pass on Kodi. Thus, you will be able to watch UFC 218 on PC, Mac, Android, OSMC, FireStick or any other device you might have installed the Kodi app on.
How to Watch UFC 218 on Kodi Live?
How to Install UFC Fight Pass on Kodi
Using the UFC Fight Pass addon is the best way to go if you intend to watch UFC 218 on Kodi. You do need a UFC Fight Pass subscription to sign in though. If you’re living in a region where the UFC event is blacked out, you will also need VPN to spoof your online location. More on that below.
- First, download the Portse repo and place in a folder you can easily find later.
- Launch your Kodi app and click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- From there, choose ‘Install from Zip File’.
- Locate the file you had previously downloaded.
- Click on it to install it.
- Wait for the Portse repo enabled notification.
- Now select ‘Install from Repo’ -> Portse repo -> ‘Video addons’.
- Click on UFC Fight Pass on to install it.
- Wait for the video addon enabled notification.
As already mentioned, you will need your UFC Fight Pass account credentials to sign into the addon and watch live events. VPN is also necessary if you live in a country where UFC does not broadcast live PPVs via Fight Pass.
Bypass UFC Fight Pass Kodi Addon Blackouts
Kodi addons such as UFC Fight Pass, BBC iPlayer, ITV, NetfliXBMC, and SBS are geo-restricted. That means you can only access them in certain countries. To bypass these geoblocks, you need to spoof your online location. VPN allows you to do just that. Here are some of the features you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
How to Stream UFC 218 Live on Kodi
That’s all you need to know about how to watch UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2 live on Kodi. Who do you think will become the interim UFC Lightweight Champion? Share your predictions below.