Sportsnet Now is a Canadian streaming service that covers live sporing events including baseball, basketball, ice hockey, and American football. The Sportsnet Now Kodi addon allows you to view online content from Rogers Sportsnet Now. It can be found in the official Kodi add-on repository. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install Sportsnet Now on Kodi 17 Krypton. The instructions should work on FireStick, PC, Mac, Android, and Raspberry Pi.
How to Install Sportsnet Now on Kodi
Due to geo-restrictions, the Sportsnet Now plugin will only fully function if you currently live in Canada. You will also need a valid Sportsnet subscription. Otherwise, you won’t be able to login to the addon and watch video content. With that being said, here’s how to install Sportsnet on Kodi.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on Sportsnet Now -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Sportsnet Now Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Sportsnet Now, will appear here.
- Launch the Sportsnet addon and sign in using your Sportsnet Now account.
Alternatively, you could download the official Sportsnet Now add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
Best VPN for Kodi
Many Kodi addons only work in certain regions such as USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.[tableDate]
How to Install Sportsnet Now on Kodi – Wrap Up
That’s all you need to know about how to setup Sportsnet Now on your Kodi app. It definitely is one of the best sports addons you can use, especially if you currently reside in Canada.