How to install Zattoo Box on Kodi? Zattoo is a free live TV streaming service available in Switzerland, Denmark, Germany, Spain, UK, France, and Sweden. In total, you can get access to over 187 free TV channels from around the world if you live in Switzerland. All you need is to sign up for a free Zattoo account. The Zatto Box plugin is an official Kodi plugin that basically allows you to watch free TV channels Zattoo offers on your Kodi-enabled device. This includes PC, Mac, Android, OSMC, OpenElec, and FireStick. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install Zattoo on Kodi 17.4 Krypton.
How to Install Zattoo on Kodi – Watch Live TV Free
How to Install Zattoo Box on Kodi 17 Krypton
While Zattoo is a free streaming service, you do need to create a free Zattoo account in order to login and watch live TV. You can use the same account to sign into the Zattoo Box Kodi addon as well. Please keep in mind that the channels you get access to depend on the country you currently live in. Zattoo Switzerland has by far the largest collection of channels including the likes of BBC, ITV, ZDF, Eurosport, Disney Channel, TLC, Channel 4, Channel 5, and many others. Here’s how you can setup the Zattoo Kodi addon on PC, Mac, Android, or FireStick.
- First, head over to the official Zattoo website and sign up for a free account in case you don’t already have one.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on Zattoo Box -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Zattoo Box Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Zattoo Box, will appear here.
- Right-click or long-press on the Zattoo Box icon. Then, click ‘Settings’ and input your Zattoo email and password.
- Click ‘OK’ and launch the Zattoo Box addon.
Alternatively, you could download the official Kodi Zattoo add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
Access More Content – Use VPN with Kodi
As I’ve mentioned above, the channels you can access on Zattoo depend on your current country of residence. To bypass these regional restrictions, and access all free channels on Zattoo, you have to spoof your online location. VPN allows you to do just that. Here are some of the features you can obtain by using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last updated on September 24th, 2018
Zattoo Channel List (Swiss Region)
Here are some of the free 187 channels you can access on Swiss Zattoo:
- Channel 5
- Channel 4
- Disney Channel
- Al Jazeera
- Sky Sport News
- Sky News
- Das Erste
- Star TV
- Rai TV
How to Install Zattoo on Kodi – Watch Free TV Live
Unfortunately, due to all the publicity third-party addons constantly get, official Kodi addons like Zattoo often go unnoticed. This is an excellent Kodi plugin for anybody who’s looking for a way to watch live free TV channels from around the world on Kodi. Most importantly, it is completely legal to use.