How to stream Usenet on Kodi 17.1 Krypton? Usenet is a great source for media file such as movies, TV shows, and songs. Think of it as a better alternative for torrents. Instead of using P2P protocol, Usenet files are stored on a centralized, private, SSL encrypted server. As with torrents, you can watch Usenet files on Kodi. In this article, I will demonstrate how to install Easynews on Kodi 17 and access Usenet newsgroups in the process to stream your favorite videos, audio, or even images.
How to Stream Usenet on Kodi 17 Krypton with EasyNews
How to Watch Usenet on Kodi 17 – First Step
In order to benefit from Usenet, you have to access Usenet newsgroups. The best way to achieve that is by signing up with with a service such as Easynews. It’s a premium service that offers a 14-day refund guarantee. So there’s basically no risk involved in signing up. Easynews plans start from 20GB/Month up to 150GB/Month. These values indicate how much you can download using your Usenet subscription each month. At the moment, there is a free Easynews trial that you can benefit from.
Second Step – Install Easy News on Kodi 17 Krypton
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://xunitytalk.me/xfinity”.
- Name it ‘Xfinity’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Xfinity -> XunityTalk_Repository
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose the .XunityTalk Repository to open it.
- Click on Video Add-ons -> EasyNews and press install.
- Wait until you see the EasyNews Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- All the video addons you install, including EasyNews, will appear here.
- Right-click on the EasyNews icon and select ‘Settings’.
- Highlight ‘EasyNews Account’ and enter your Username and Password.
- Select ‘OK’
Get Extra Privacy on Kodi – Use VPN
Your Internet Service provider can eavesdrop on what you are streaming online including movies streaming, usenet, and torrent downloads. That means you might get a warning letter, or worse, a copyright infringement notice when using third-party addons. Before installing any unofficial Kodi builds or add-ons, make sure you are connected to a VPN server. This way, all of your Internet connection will be encrypted. You can then carry on with your browsing activities privately. VPN also allows you to bypass ISP throttling which may result in heavy Kodi buffering. Finally, some Kodi addons are geoblocked. By using VPN, you get to bypass regional restrictions and unblock any Kodi addon you want. Simply carry out these instructions.
- Head over to IPVanish and sign up for a VPN account.
- Download/install the VPN software on our Kodi device.
- After opening the VPN app, connect to a VPN server.
- Finally, open Kodi and watch any movie, TV show, or live stream completely anonymous.
IPVanish are the best Kodi VPN service you can use. This is mainly because their VPN apps are optimized to work with Kodi. You could, however, also sign up with other VPN providers as well.
How to Install Usenet on Kodi 17 Krypton with Easynews – Wrap Up
In terms of quality video or audio files on Kodi, there aren’t many better alternatives than Easynews. The added security means that you’re not compromising your privacy as is the case with torrent-based addons such as Quasar. Just to be on the safe side though, we do recommend using a VPN as well.