How to unblock and watch Sling TV on Android outside US? If you are into live American TV, such as ESPN, TNT, CNN, or Disney, Sling TV is definitely worth checking out. The main problem, however, is that Sling TV is geoblocked outside USA. That means that US expats living in Australia, Canada, France, UK, or Japan are blocked from watching Sling on their Android devices. Luckily, there are two workarounds that allow you to watch Sling TV outside USA on Android: VPN and Smart DNS.
Watch Sling TV on Android outside USA VPN or Smart DNS?
How to Watch Sling TV on Android outside US – VPN
Geo-restricted channels like Sling use your IP address to pinpoint your location and block you. By using VPN, you can actually spoof your IP address. On Android devices, this is especially easy. You can simply download and install a VPN app and then connect to an American VPN server. This allows you to get the necessary US IP address in order to unblock Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go, and other geoblocked American channels on Android.
- You can use VPN on Android regardless of whether you are using WiFi or your 3G/4G mobile Internet connection.
- If you are connected to a public WiFi Hotspot, VPN will encrypt all of your data. That means extra protection against potential online risks.
- You can also use VPN to change your Google Play Store region. This is especially important if you want to download Android apps that are only available via the US Google Play Store.
ExpressVPN are the best VPN providers on Android. They have a dedicated Android VPN app which allows you to connect to several US VPN servers. If you want to use a different VPN service to unblock Sling TV on your Android, take a look at the list below.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Unblock Sling TV on Android outside USA – Smart DNS Proxies
While Smart DNS does not have all the benefits of VPN, it is still a useful method you can use to watch Sling TV on Android. Just like VPN, Smart DNS can be directly configured on Android. However, your IP address does not change and neither is your Internet traffic encrypted. So, there are no extra privacy when using Smart DNS.
- To setup Smart DNS on Android, you have to configure your smartphone/tablet’s network settings. Some Smart DNS proxy service do provide a Smart VPN app that allows you to use Smart DNS on Android without having to manually configure it.
- Smart DNS also allows you to unblock streaming channels from different countries simultaneously i.e. you can watch BBC iPlayer and Sling TV using one Smart DNS setup.
- Access to local streaming channels is not lost when using Smart DNS.
Unlocator are one of the few Smart DNS proxy services that support unblocking Sling TV on Android. If you want to use Smart DNS, head over to the Unlocator website and sign up for a free trial. Unlocator also have a Smart VPN app you can easily download and install on your Android device.
Use VPN or Smart DNS to Watch Sling TV on Android outside USA?
I recommend using VPN on Android in order to watch Sling TV for the ease of setting up the VPN app and the additional privacy I get. That does not mean Smart DNS is insecure. However, given that I connect my device to numerous WiFi networks away from home on a daily basis, VPN gives me that extra peace of mind. In the end, its your decision. You can use either method to watch Sling TV on Android outside USA.