How to watch 2017 Masters snooker tournament live online? The Dafabet Masters championship starts on Sunday, January 15, and ends on the 22nd of January, 2017 at the Alexandra Palace in London. BBC will broadcast the 2017 Masters live for free in UK. Unfortunately for snooker fans around the world, BBC iPlayer is geoblocked abroad in Australia, Canada, China, USA. In this guide, I will show you how to unblock BBC iPlayer outside UK with VPN or Smart DNS. Thus, stream 2017 Masters free live online on Android, iOS, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Roku, PC, Mac, or Smart TV.
How to Watch 2017 Masters Snooker Live Stream
Stream 2017 Masters Live Online with VPN
If you live outside UK, you can either use VPN or Smart DNS proxies to unblock BBC iPlayer abroad. With VPN, you can get a UK IP address even if you live in USA, Australia, UAE, China, or anywhere else overseas. This will trick BBC into thinking you currently reside in UK. Thus, you can watch 2017 Masters snooker free live online. Here’s how to set it all up.
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider.
- Now that you have a VPN account, it’s time to install the VPN app on your PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad.
- Launch the application and then connect to a UK VPN server.
- That is all you have to do to unblock UK channels including BBC, Now TV, Sky, ITV, or Channel 4 abroad.
Keep in mind that not all VPNs work with BBC iPlayer. If you want to watch the 2017 Masters tournament live online, sign up with the tried and tested ExpressVPN. I’ve also included other VPN services you can use to bypass regional restrictions below.
Watch 2017 Dafabet Masters Live Online with Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS Proxy also unblocks geo-restricted sites like BBC iPlayer for snooker fans outside the UK. Although this method does work in a different manner in order to bypaass geographic restrictions. Here’s what you should know.
- Smart DNS is compatible with any streaming device. You can watch BBC iPlayer on iPhone, Mac, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, PS3/PS4, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox
- A Smart DNS does not change your IP address
- A Smart DNS does not encrypt your Internet traffic
- If your ISP uses transparent proxies or DNS hijacking, then Smart DNS will probably not work well for you.
As is the case with VPN, not all Smart DNS proxy services support unblocking BBC iPlayer abroad. If you want to use Smart DNS to watch 2017 Masters snooker live online, sign up with Unlocator. Unlocator does work with BBC and have a 7-day free trial as well.
2017 Masters Snooker Schedule
The following snooker matches will be shown live on BBC iPlayer. All times are GMT.
- Sunday 15 January:
- 13:00: Ronnie O’Sullivan (Eng) v Liang Wenbo (Chn)
- 19:00: Ding Junhui (Chn) v Kyren Wilson (Eng)
- Monday 16 January
- 13:00: John Higgins (Sco) v Mark Allen (NI)
- 19:00: Stuart Bingham (Eng) v Joe Perry (Eng)
- Tuesday 17 January
- 13:00: Judd Trump (Eng) v Marco Fu (HK)
- 19:00: Neil Robertson (Aus) v Allister Carter (Eng)
- Wednesday 18 January
- 13:00: Mark Selby (Eng) v Mark Williams (Wal)
- 19:00: Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Barry Hawkins (Eng)
- Thursday 19 January
- 13:00: O’Sullivan/Liang v Ding/Wilson
- 19:00: Higgins/Allen v Bingham/Perry
- Friday 20 January
- 13:00: Selby/Williams v Murphy/Hawkins
- 19:00: Trump/Fu v Robertson/Carter
- Sunday 22 January
- 13:00 & 19:00 (two sessions)
How to Watch 2017 Masters Snooker Free Live Online?
There’s no doubt that Ronny O’Sullivan is a huge favorite to win the 2017 Dafabet Masters. It will surely not be easy in the presence of Mark Selby, Judd Trump, John Higgins, and other snooker legends. If you live outside UK, either use VPN or Smart DNS to stream 2017 Masters live online.