The 2019 Cricket World Cup has officially kicked off and fans now have a hectic six weeks. England vs South Africa will get the tournament rolling on May 30, as the hosts seek to make a strong start. But on June 1, Australia will begin their title defense against South Asian minnows Afghanistan. The ‘Aussies’ are favorites to win, of course, but still, it looks like it’s going to be an entertaining match. Since this is the biggest cricket event on the planet, you can watch Australia vs Afghanistan on a bunch of channels. However, they are not available everywhere due to geo-blocks.
How to Watch Australia vs Afghanistan Anywhere
Luckily for you, we know how you can avoid all that and watch the World Cup on any channel from anywhere. So stick around.
Australia vs Afghanistan – Streaming Channels
As I mentioned earlier, you can watch the Australians take on the Afghans on a host of streaming services, including:
- Nine Network (Australia)
- Sky Sports (United Kingdom)
- Sky Sports NZ (New Zealand)
- PTV Sports (Pakistan)
- Supersport (South Africa)
- Hotstar (India)
- Willow TV (United States)
- ATN Network (Canada)
- OSN Sports (MENA region)
However, keep in mind that these channels are all unavailable outside their respective regions. Due to licensing agreements, a location error message like this one will display on your screen: “This content is not available in your location.” But that’s if you try to access these services from abroad.
And the only way to get rid of this annoying message is by hiding your IP address. Why? Because this numerical label that is assigned to your device reveals your global position to the internet. And when web hosts see that you are outside their coverage area, they’ll prevent you from viewing their content.
Therefore, you need a virtual private network (VPN).
How Does a VPN Work?
A VPN is a software that can spoof your geographic location by redirecting your internet connection. It sends your traffic to a foreign network of your choice, then gives you a new IP address from the region that you selected. This will give websites the impression that you are within their viewing zone, and as a result, they’ll unblock their content.
Simply put, with a VPN, you can connect to any server from the above countries and get a matching IP address. That way, you can stream Australia vs Afghanistan on your preferred channel no matter where you are.
But bypassing geo-blocks is just part of their job. VPNs also encrypt your traffic to ensure that no one can monitor your online activity, not even your internet service provider.
Furthermore, they protect you from malware and cyber threats whenever you use the internet, and that includes public WiFi connections.
How to Watch Australia vs Afghanistan with VPN – Steps
As you can see, VPNs are quite handy tools that you should use whenever you go online. So to bypass geo-blocks and stream Australia vs Afghanistan, here’s what you have to do:
- Subscribe to a credible VPN service that has servers in all of the above countries. Check out our recommendations below.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Sign in and connect to any of the countries I mentioned earlier, depending on which channel you prefer.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Go to your preferred channel and see who will come out on top.
Best VPNs to Stream Australia vs Afghanistan
To save you some trouble, we rounded up a list of the best VPN providers on the market today.
These brands all offer top-notch features, but the one that truly stands out is ExpressVPN. Just take a look at what this service offers and then decide.
- 160 server locations: The company has over 3,000 servers in 160 locations all over the world. They spread across 94 countries, including the ones I mentioned earlier. This vast network allows you to watch Australia vs Afghanistan on any channel from anywhere.
- Strong encryption: AES 256-bit is the strongest encryption in the business. This military-grade protocol allows you to browse the internet with complete anonymity and protects you from government surveillance and ISP monitoring.
- Incredible speed levels: Despite using strong encryption, ExpressVPN offers one of the best speed rates in the industry. So don’t worry about any buffering issues when you’re streaming live sports games, even if you’re connected to distant servers.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not register any of your traffic or data.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing and torrenting activity. Also, it protects you from legal action from copyright owners.
- Full Netflix compatibility: You can access any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- Additional security tools: Make sure your data and traffic are protected with security tools such as split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch.
- MediaStreamer: You can also try to unblock your favorite channel using a smart DNS proxy. ExpressVPN offers a free service called MediaStreamer.
About 2019 CWC World Cup
The 2019 Cricket World Cup is up and running with the opening match between England and South Africa. Pakistan vs West Indies will follow the day after that on May 31, and Australia will take on Afghanistan on June 1.
‘The Invincibles’ are clear favorites to win the game, but they might struggle against Afghanistan’s slow bowlers. Australia’s Glenn Maxwell expressed his concern to come up against Afghan superstar Rashid Khan.
“He’s very difficult. He is probably one of the more difficult ones I’ve played against,” Maxwell said. “He and (West Indian Sunil) Narine are probably the two you go through stages where you think you are going to hold them and then they bowl a ball that beats you.”
He then added: “And you sit there shaking your head. I think for me I feel like I don’t think I’m going to get out to him but I don’t feel like I’m going to score much off him.”
How to Stream Australia vs Afghanistan Anywhere with VPN
How to Watch Australia vs Afghanistan Cricket Live – Conclusion
Despite Glenn Maxwell’s concerns, I think Australia will stroll to an easy victory. After all, Afghanistan have a slim 9% chance to win. So if you want to see the ‘Baggy Greens’ kick off their title defense in style on June 1, then tune in to any of the above channels. And if you live outside those regions, you have to get a VPN to watch Australia vs Afghanistan or any other 2019 CWC match.