How to watch the Cheltenham Festival free live online? The Cheltenham Festival is the first major National Hunt festival of the year. The best British and Irish horses will compete against each other from the 13th to the 16th of March, 2018. The Cheltenham Gold Cup will be on the line on the last day. In the UK, ITV will broadcast the whole event free live online. Unfortunately for horse racing fans, ITV is geoblocked outside the UK. In this tutorial, I will show you how to use VPN or Smart DNS to unblock ITV abroad. Thus, you will be able to stream the 2018 Cheltenham Festival free live in USA, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, or anywhere else.
How to Watch Cheltenham Festival 2018 outside UK
How to Sign Up for a Free ITV Account outside the UK?
Although ITV is a free streaming channel, you still have to sign up for an account in order to watch live and catch up programs. Simply follow these steps to register your free ITV account in the USA, or anywhere else outside the UK.
- Head over to the ITV website.
- Then, click on ‘Sign in’ in the top-right corner of your screen.
- On the next page, select ‘Sign up now’.
- Enter your details, including your title, name, email address, and date of birth.
- For ‘Postcode’, enter ‘WC1X 0AA’ without the quotations.
- Then, check the ‘ITV Terms and Condition Box’.
- Finally, select ‘I’m ready’.
You will then receive a confirmation email in your inbox. Click on the link inside it and your free ITV account will be ready to use. The next step is to either use VPN or Smart DNS proxies as explained below to watch ITV abroad.
Stream Cheltenham Festival Live Online using VPN
If you try to stream ITV live outside the UK, you will be presented with the following geo-error. “We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK.”
So, how are horse racing fans in Australia, Ireland, Canada, or the USA supposed to watch the 2018 Cheltenham Festival live online? Well, all you have to do is trick ITV into thinking you are located in the UK. One way of doing so is by using VPN. A virtual private network basically allows you to get a UK IP address which then enables you to unblock any British streaming channels regardless of where you currently live. Follow these steps to unblock ITV outside the UK.
- First of all, sign up with a VPN service. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
- You now appear to be browsing the web using a British IP address.
- This approach allows you to unblock all UK channels anywhere overseas including BBC iPlayer, TVPlayer, Channel 4, Channel 5, and of course ITV Player.
While I do recommend using ExpressVPN to unblock ITV Hub outside the UK, mainly due to their 30-day refund guarantee, you can also use other VPN services to watch the 2018 Cheltenham Festival live online.
Last Updated Today
How to Watch 2018 Cheltenham Festival Free Live Online with Smart DNS
Smart DNS is another method you can use to bypass regional restrictions and unblock channels that are not available in your country. You do not get a new IP address in this case. Your traffic is only partially redirected and the channels you get to unblock solely depend on which Smart DNS proxy service you are using. Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to unblock ITV overseas and subsequently stream Cheltenham Festival 2018 free live online.
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Afterward, follow these videos/setup tutorial to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Finally, go to the ITV website or launch the ITV Player app and sign in using the ITV account you have created earlier.
- Watch 2018 Cheltenham free live online.
The reason why I have suggested using Unlocator, in this case, is because it’s the only Smart DNS proxy service that actually allowed me to watch ITV abroad. Their free 7-day trial means you have nothing to lose when trying their service.
Cheltenham Festival 2018 Schedule
Tuesday 13th March – Champion Day
Day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival, featuring the 2018 Champion Hurdle
- 13.30 Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
- 14.05 Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Steeple Chase
- 14.40 Baylis & Harding Affordable Luxury Handicap Chase
- 15.20 Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy
- 16.00 Mares’ Hurdle (for the David Nicholson Trophy)
- 16.40 National Hunt Chase
- 17.15 Novices’ Handicap Chase
Wednesday 14 March 2018 – Ladies Day
- 13:30 The Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle
- 14:10 The RSA Steeple Chase
- 14:50 The Coral Cup Hurdle
- 15:30 The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
- 16:10 The Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
- 16:50 The Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle
- 17:30 The Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Thursday 15th March – St Patrick’s Thursday
- 13:30 The JLT Novices’ Chase
- 14:10 The Pertemps Network Final
- 14:50 The Ryanair Chase
- 15:30 Sun Bets Stayers Hurdle
- 16:10 The Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate
- 16.50 The Trull House Stud Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle
- 17:30 The Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase
Friday 16 March – Gold Cup Day
- 13:30 The JCB Triumph Hurdle
- 14:10 The Randox Health County Handicap Hurdle
- 14:50 The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle
- 15:30 The Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup
- 16:10 The St James’ Place Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup
- 16:50 The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle
- 17:30 The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Chase
*All times are GMT.
ITV PLAYER SUPPORTED DEVICES
You can get the ITV app on the following streaming platforms.
- Samsung Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon FireStick
- Now TV
- Apple TV
How to Watch 2018 Cheltenham Festival Free Live Anywhere in the World?
Hopefully, this tutorial has helped all of you horse racing fanatics stream the Cheltenham Festival anywhere in the world. If you have any questions or need more info about using ExpressVPN or Unlocator to avoid geographic restrictions, feel free to leave a comment below.