How to Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 online? Game of Thrones has been one of the most successful TV shows of the last few years and one of the best HBO has ever produced. The latest GoT season is set to premiere on July 16th, 2017 in the USA on HBO GO and HBO Now. Unfortunately, HBO is geoblocked abroad. In this tutorial, I will show you how to use VPN or Smart DNS proxies to unblock HBO Go/HBO Now in UK, Canada, Australia, or elsewhere overseas. In the end, you will be able to stream GoT Season 7 on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, PS4, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV Stick, or Chromecast.
How to Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 Online?
How to Watch Game of Thrones outside USA using VPN
If you try to stream any episode on Game of Thrones for instance abroad, you will get a geo-error message that states that the content you’re trying to watch is not available in your region.“To access HBO GO, you must reside within the fifty states of the United States of America.” To bypass the aforementioned geolocation error, you need to trick the streaming channel into thinking you currently reside in the United States. Using VPN allows you to do just that. When you connect to a VPN server located in the US, you practically hide your IP address and appear online using an American IP address instead. Here’s how it’s done.
- First of all, sign up with a VPN service. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the USA.
- You now appear to be browsing the web using an American IP address.
- This approach allows you to unblock all US channels anywhere overseas including HBO, Fox, NBC, ABC, AMC, Freeform, A&E, CW TV, and Hulu.
Given that they’re tried and tested, we suggest signing up with a VPN service like ExpressVPN and then use their app to connect to an American VPN server. Here are the best VPNs you can use to watch Game of Thrones outside USA.
How to Get HBO Now App outside USA
HBO Now is currently offering a free month of HBO. However, you do need to download and install the HBO Now app to sign up. In case you live outside USA, follow the guides below to download and install the HBO Now or HBO Go app on your streaming device. Make sure you’re connected to a VPN server first.
- How to Get HBO App on iPhone, iPad
- In order to be able to install US app on iOS devices, you have to sign up for an American iTunes account first. Follow this guide to sign up for an American Apple ID without the need for a credit card.
- Get HBO App on Android
- Get HBO App on Xbox One
- In order to install HBO on your Xbox One, you have to change your gaming console’s region to USA first. Follow these instructions.
- Get HBO App on PS4/PS3
- To install American apps on your Playstation console, you need to create an American PSN Account. Here’s how you can sign up for a US Playstation Network account.
- How to install American apps on Apple TV
- As with iOS devices, you have to create a US Apple ID account to access the American iTunes store on your Apple TV. Use these steps.
- How to Get HBO App on Roku
- Here’s how you can sign up for an US Roku account and ultimately get American channels on your Roku streaming device.
- How to Install HBO on Samsung Smart TV
- Follow this guide to change your Samsung Smart TV region to USA. Afterwards, you can add US channels such as HBO GO, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and Hulu to your Smart TV Hub.
- Install HBO on Sony Smart TV outside USA
- Go through this guide to change your Sony Smart TV country to USA and install American apps on it outside US.
- Install HBO app on Fire Stick
- In order to be able to add American apps to your Fire TV, you have to setup an American Amazon account using a US credit card and address. Once done, use that account to sign into your Fire TV Stick.
Stream GoT Season 7 outside US with Smart DNS Proxies
If you don’t want to mask your IP address in order to bypass geographic restrictions, you can use Smart DNS instead of VPN to watch Game of Thrones Season 7 live online in Canada, Australia, Germany, or UK at the same time each episode airs in the USA. In this case, your Internet traffic only gets partially redirected. If you check your IP address using WhatIsMyIP.Network after setting up Smart DNS, you will still see your real public IP. Here are the necessary instructions you need to follow in order to unblock HBO outside USA with Smart DNS.
- Head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial. I would have suggested other Smart DNS proxy service, but Unlocator are the only ones I can currently guarantee to work with Freeform.
- Now that you have created your Smart DNS account, setup Smart DNS on your streaming device. PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV Stick, Smart TV, Chromecast, PS4, and Xbox are all compatible.
- Visit the HBO website or launch the HBO application and sign in.
- Stream Game of Thrones Season 7 online.
Unlocator’s one-week trial does not require a credit card i.e. you simply enter your email address and create your Smart DNS account. You can also use Unlocator to unblock HBO GO, HBO Now, Freeform, Hulu, Fox, NBC, ABC GO, and CW TV outside USA.
GoT Season 7 Streaming Channels
- HBO Go (USA)
- HBO Now (USA)
- Sky Go (UK)
- Now TV (UK)
- HBO Nordic (Scandinavia)
- Foxtel (Australia)
Game of Throne Season 7 Episodes
- “The Queen’s Justice”
How to Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 Anywhere in the World
Unlike previous seasons that all consisted of ten episodes, the seventh season will consist of only seven episodes. In less than two weeks, GoT fans will finally get to stream the first episode of 2017. Which characters do you think will die this time around? Share your predictions in the comment section below.