How to watch the Grand National 2018 free live online? The Grand National is considered the pinnacle of horse racing by many. It will see the best horses from around the world compete against each other from the 12th to the 14th of April, 2018 at Aintree Racecourse near Liverpool, England. The 171st annual running of the Grand National Final itself will be shown live at 5.15 PM on Saturday, April 14th, 2018. In the UK, ITV will broadcast the whole horse racing event free live online. Unfortunately for horse racing fans ITV is geoblocked outside UK. In this tutorial, I will show you how to use VPN or Smart DNS to unblock ITV abroad. Thus, you will be able to stream the 2018 Grand National free live in USA, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, or anywhere else.
How to Watch Grand National 2018 outside UK
How to Sign Up for a Free ITV Account outside UK?
Although ITV is a free streaming channel, you still have to sign up for an account in order to watch live and catch up programs. Simply follow these steps to register your free ITV account in the USA, or anywhere else outside the UK.
- Head over to the ITV website.
- Then, click on ‘Sign in’ in the top-right corner of your screen.
- On the next page, select ‘Sign up now’.
- Enter your details, including your title, name, email address, and date of birth.
- For ‘Postcode’, enter ‘WC1X 0AA’ without the quotations.
- Then, check the ‘ITV Terms and Condition Box’.
- Finally, select ‘I’m ready’.
You will then receive a confirmation email in your inbox. Click on the link inside it and your free ITV account will be ready to use. The next step is to either use VPN or Smart DNS proxies as explained below to watch ITV abroad.
Stream Grand National 2018 Live Online using VPN
If you try to stream ITV live outside the UK, you will be presented with the following geo-error. “We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK.”
So, how are horse racing fans in Australia, Ireland, Canada, or the USA supposed to watch the 2018 Grand National live online? Well, all you have to do is trick ITV into thinking you are located in the UK. One way of doing so is by using VPN. A virtual private network basically allows you to get a UK IP address which then enables you to unblock any British streaming channels regardless of where you currently live. Follow these steps to unblock ITV outside the UK.
- First of all, sign up with a VPN service. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
- You now appear to be browsing the web using a British IP address.
- This approach allows you to unblock all UK channels anywhere overseas including BBC iPlayer, TVPlayer, Channel 4, Channel 5, and of course ITV Player.
While I do recommend using ExpressVPN to unblock ITV Hub outside the UK, mainly due to their 30-day refund guarantee, you can also use other VPN services to watch the 2018 Grand National live online.
How to Watch 2018 Grand National Free Live Online with Smart DNS
Smart DNS is another method you can use to bypass regional restrictions and unblock channels that are not available in your country. You do not get a new IP address in this case. Your traffic is only partially redirected and the channels you get to unblock solely depend on which Smart DNS proxy service you are using. Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to unblock ITV overseas and subsequently stream Grand National 2018 free live online.
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Afterward, follow these videos/setup tutorial to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Finally, go to the ITV website or launch the ITV Player app and sign in using the ITV account you have created earlier.
- Watch 2018 Grand National free live online.
The reason why I have suggested using Unlocator, in this case, is because it’s the only Smart DNS proxy service that actually allowed me to watch ITV abroad. Their free 7-day trial means you have nothing to lose when trying their service.
Grand National 2018 Schedule
Thursday, April 12th – Liverpool Day
- 13.40 – Manifesto Novices’ Chase
- 14.15 – Anniversary 4-Y-O Novices’ Hurdle
- 14.50 – Betfred Bowl
- 15.25 – Doom Bar Aintree Hurdle
- 16.05 – Crabbie’s Fox Hunters Chase
- 16.40 – Red Rum Chase
- 17.15 – Mares Standard Open
Friday, April 13th – Ladies Day
- 13.40 – Alder Hey Handicap Hurdle
- 14.15 – Aintree Top Novices’ Hurdle
- 14.50 – Mildmay Novices’ Chase
- 15.25 – Melling Chase
- 16.05 – Crabbie’s Topham Chase
- 16.40 – Sefton Novices’ Hurdle
- 17.15 – Champion Open Flat Race
Saturday, April 14th – Final Day
- 13.40 – Aintree Handicap Hurdle
- 14.25 – Mersey Novices’ Hurdle
- 15.00 – Maghull Novices’ Chase
- 15.40 – Liverpool Hurdle
- 16.20 – Betfred Handicap Chase
- 17.15 – Grand National
- 18.10 – Conditional Handicap Hurdle
*All times are GMT.
ITV Player Supported Devices
You can get the ITV app on the following streaming platforms.
- Samsung Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon FireStick
- Now TV
- Apple TV
How to Watch 2018 Grand National Free Live Anywhere in the World?
Hopefully, this tutorial has helped all of you horse racing fanatics stream the Grand National anywhere in the world. If you have any questions or need more info about using ExpressVPN or Unlocator to avoid geographic restrictions, feel free to leave a comment below.