For the best documentaries, children programs, and international dramas, you won’t find much better than the Knowledge Network. The station provides quality learning programs for kids and adults via its broadcast channel, websites, and apps. However, it only serves the district of British Columbia, which is commonly known as Canada. Therefore, if you live outside those borders, you won’t be able to stream the channel.
How to Watch Knowledge Network Outside Canada
But in this article, we’ll show you how you can unblock it from anywhere using a VPN so that you can keep watching your favorite programs.
Knowledge Network Geo-blocked Outside Canada
Due to licensing agreements, Knowledge Network can only broadcast inside Canada. So don’t be surprised if a location error message pops up when you try to access it from abroad.
Do you want to know how the streaming service determines your location? It’s through your IP address. Unfortunately, this numerical label gives away your global position to the internet. Once the channel reads that you are outside its coverage zone, it will lock its content and throw away the key.
But a virtual private network will help you find the backdoor and unblock the content you want.
How to Watch Knowledge Network Anywhere with a VPN
First, let me guide you through the VPN process. This is a software that can spoof your geographic location. It reroutes your internet traffic to another server of your choice, even if it’s abroad. Then, it changes your IP address to match the region that you selected.
Sounds complicated? Well, let me put it in another way. With a VPN, you’ll be able to connect to a Canadian server from abroad. When you do that, you’ll immediately get a new IP address from that region. As a result, you’ll appear as if you were physically in Canada, which will force Knowledge Network to unveil its content.
Bottom line, if you want to watch your favorite program on Knowledge Network, just follow the below steps:
- Sign up to a top VPN brand. Check the list below for suggestions.
- Download and install the service from the website or the app store.
- VPN apps are compatible with almost any device, so you can install them on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
You can also set them up on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a Canadian server, then visit WhatIsMyIP.network to double check your new IP address.
- Access the channel no matter where you are.
Best VPNs to Bypass Geo-blocks
You’ll have no problem bypassing online restrictions with any top VPN. But it’s the relatively less-known and free VPNs that you should worry about. These services can sell your search history to advertisers and will probably offer a few features.
Therefore, we compiled a list of the highest-ranked brands in the industry to help you choose your next provider.
Anyone of those brands will help you access Knowledge Network in a jiffy and without any hassle. But ExpressVPN goes the extra mile to provide with a package that covers everything you want. Just take a look at its features and you be the judge.
- Over 3,000 servers: The company has more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries, which makes it one of the largest networks in the industry. You can unblock Knowledge Network and any other major channel easily and swiftly.
- High levels of speed: You won’t encounter any buffering issues because ExpressVPN offers one of the best speed rates in the business. That’s despite the fact it uses strong encryption, which takes us to our next point.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption protocol that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. It protects you from government surveillance and ISP monitoring.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not register any of your traffic or data.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing and torrenting activity. Also, it protects you from legal action from copyright owners.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- Free Smart DNS service: ExpressVPN offers a free Smart DNS proxy service called MediaStreamer, in case you’d rather use it to bypass geo-blocks.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: You can demand a full refund if you’re not too happy with the services.
And in case you want to check out the other options before you make up your mind, here are their features:
- 52 servers in 30 countries.
- Zero-log policy.
- A Kill Switch.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- Five different VPN protocols.
- A free Smart DNS feature.
- P2P sharing optimized servers.
- App for PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, Amazon Fire TV, and Amazon Fire Stick.
- Unblocks US Netflix (and other regions as well).
For a full list of BulletVPN features, check out our BulletVPN review.
- 4000+ servers in 60+ countries.
- 2048-bit SSL encryptions.
- Zero-log policy.
- Split tunneling for control over traffic re-routes.
- Double VPN for added privacy.
- A free Smart DNS feature.
- Encrypted proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
- An Adblocker.
- 6 simultaneous device connections.
- Access to American Netflix.
- Customer Support accessible via live chat.
- A 30-day refund policy.
If you want to check out NordVPN‘s remaining features, read our NordVPN review.
Top Programs on Knowledge Network
Knowledge Network is home to some of the best learning programs. Here is our list of suggestions:
- Arctic Secrets
- Death in Paradise
- Hope for Wildlife
- Sword of Honor
- Inspector Morse
- Murdoch Mysteries
- America over the Edge
- The World from Above
Stream Knowledge Network from Anywhere with VPN
How to Watch Knowledge Network Outside Canada – Final Words
So if you enjoy documentaries and learning programs, but would like to binge on some drama series as well, then Knowledge Network is perfect for you. It offers the best of both worlds, in addition to quality children programs that are quite educational. But if you live abroad, you’ll have to get a VPN to stream the channel.