How to stream HBO live on Kodi? When it comes to producing top TV shows like Game of Thrones, Westworld, Sopranos, or The Wire, there aren’t many channels better than HBO. The American TV channel is one of the most popular around the world. In the guide below, you can find instructions on how to watch HBO on Kodi live in USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and the rest of the world. The guide has been tested on PC, Mac, Android, Fire Stick, Amazon Fire TV, and Raspberry Pi.
How to Watch HBO on Kodi 17 Krypton
Install PS Vue – Best Official Kodi Addon to watch HBO Live
Playstation Vue is the best official plugin to watch channels like HBO, ABC, Showtime and Fox on Kodi. Please note that the Vue addon requires a PS Vue subscription which is only currently available in the USA. To unblock geo-restricted Kodi addons abroad, you have to use VPN.
- Launch Kodi.
- Select Addons.
- Click on the ‘Package Installer’ icon in the top-left corner.
- Now choose ‘Install from Repository’ -> ‘Kodi Add-on Repository’.
- From here, click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Scroll all the way down to ‘PS Vue’
- Click on ‘PS Vue’ -> Install.
- Wait until you see the PS Vue Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- All the video addons you install, including PS Vue, will appear here.
- Click on PS Vue.
- You will now be asked to enter your Playstation Vue username and password.
- Once you’re signed in, you can watch PS Vue on Kodi 17.
Unblock More Content on Kodi – Use VPN
Most official sports Kodi addons including PS Vue only work in certain regions such as USA. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want you have to spoof you location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, BulletVPN is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Useful Additional Guides
How to Watch HBO on Kodi 17 Krypton Live
That’s all you need in order to stream HBO shows like Game of Thrones, Sopranos, Baller, and Westworld on Kodi. In the event that you run into any issues during installation, post a comment below and we’ll do our best to help you out.