The first and second round of the 2019 NCAA March Madness are in the books. Now, Sweet 16 is on the way and the fans have a lot to look forward to. In this guide, you’ll find everything you need to know about NCAA Sweet 16 and how to watch it live online anywhere.
How to Watch NCAA Basketball Sweet 16 2019 Live Online
March Madness Sweet 16 Official Broadcasters
Stream the 2019 NCAA Sweet 16 on the following channels:
Imagine you are preparing everything for a perfect sports streaming night and suddenly you get an error message instead of your video. Yeah, that happened to me a while ago.
Apparently, the streaming channels mentioned above are only available for viewers residing in the United States. If you approach them with a foreign IP address (other than American), you’ll be instantly blocked.
Fortunately, you can circumvent the geo-restrictions imposed on the channels if you make use of a VPN. Read on and find out how to do so.
How to Stream NCAA Sweet 16 Live with a VPN
A VPN works by rerouting your internet traffic through one of its servers in a country of your choosing. This will trick any restricted website or channel into thinking that you’re within its region. For example, if you connect to a US server, you’ll receive an American IP address.
As a result, you’ll be able to stream CBS Sports and a lot more US-based services despite living abroad.
A Virtual Private Network also helps secure your private information when you’re online. Moreover, when you connect, you’ll cloak your own IP address, which hides your identity while surfing the web.
Here’s how it all goes down:
- First, you need to find yourself a credible VPN to invest in. Based on my experience, ExpressVPN is highly recommended.
- Go to their official website and sign up. You can choose 1 of three plans according to what you see fit. Whatever you choose, you’ll have a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Download their dedicated application on your device. On their website, you can choose to download their client based on the platform you’re using.
- Once the application is download, install it and directly sign in.
- Go to the server list, navigate through it until you find a US server. You can type “US” in the search bar to make it easier.
- Click on the server and hit connect. You’ll need to wait a bit until the connection takes place.
- You will notice the “Connected” sign. That’s your cue.
- Head back to the channel’s website. You can now stream Sweet 16 wherever you are.
ExpressVPN is one of the top VPN services out there. However, it’s not the only one on the market. For more info about best VPNs for March Madness, take a look at the following table.
NCAA March Madness Sweet 16
And then there were 16! Four days of non-stop NCAA action have passed. Now, the field has been cut down to 16 only. NCAA Sweet 16 kicks off on Thursday, March 28th.
There haven’t been as many upsets as in the previous years, but we’re still in the middle of the road. 16 teams will face off during this phase of the tournament.
We start off with the west region as the Florida States go head to head against Gonzaga. Not only that but in the South Region, Virginia will be facing off with Oregon.
On the other hand, Friday brings us the match between Duke and Virginia Tech in the East Region. As for the Midwest Region, North Carolina matches up with Auburn at 7:30 p.m.
Here are the teams participating in the Sweet 16 tournament and the complete March Madness schedule from Sweet 16 all the way to National Championship Minneapolis:
The teams in the Sweet 16 tournament are:
- Virginia Tech
- Michigan State
- Florida State
- Texas Tech
- North Carolina
The full schedule is presented below:
Sweet 16, Thursday, March 28
- Florida State vs. Gonzaga
- Purdue vs. Tennessee
- Texas Tech vs. Michigan
- Oregon vs. Virginia
Sweet 16, Friday, March 29
- LSU vs. Michigan State
- Auburn vs. North Carolina
- Virginia Tech vs. Duke
- Houston vs. Kentucky
Saturday, March 30
- West Regional Final
- South Regional Final
Sunday, March 31
- East Regional Final
- Midwest Regional Final
Saturday, April 6
- Final Four
- East Regional Champion vs. West Regional Champion
- Final Four
- South Regional Champion vs. Midwest Regional Champion
Monday, April 8
How to Watch NCAA Sweet 16 Live Online – Final Thoughts
16 out of 68 have made it this far. Now, the competition is more serious than ever as the time grows closer to the National Championship. You now have the means to stream what’s left of March Madness live wherever you are. Start off with Sweet 16 on March 30th and go all the way to the finals on April 8th. Don’t miss a match. Get a VPN and stream March Madness wherever you are.