If you are an American expat traveling or living abroad, you will not be able to watch your favorite US channels due to geographic restrictions. If you try to watch Hulu on iPad in UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, UAE, France, Mexico, or Brazil, you will get an error that states “We’re sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States.“ In simple terms, Hulu detected that you are located outside USA and blocked you from watching its content. Luckily, there are two ways which will allow you to unblock Hulu on iPad outside USA. VPN and Smart DNS Proxy.
Unblock and Watch Hulu on iPad outside USA VPN DNS Proxy
How to Unblock Hulu on iPad outside USA using VPN
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It basically allows you to connect to a secure remote server which in turn encrypts all your traffic to protect your privacy. VPN is usually used by corporations and law firms. The other benefit of using VPN is that it allows you to change your IP address. For example, connecting to a VPN server based in USA changes your IP address to an American one. Thus, the device on which the VPN connection is established will appear to be located in USA.
- By connecting to an American VPN server, you can unblock all US streaming channels such as Hulu, HBO GO, Showtime, ESPN, Fox Sports, ABC GO, Netflix, and Vudu.
- VPN can be directly configured on iPad. You can also use a VPN app to make installing VPN easier.
- VPN is also beneficial if you use public WiFi hotspot which can be found at hotels, restaurants, hospitals, or airports. Your online privacy is particularly at risk in these places. Using VPN ensures that all your private info is protected.
- Make sure that which ever VPN provider you are using does not keep logs of your online activity.
ExpressVPN is my personal favorite VPN when it comes to unblocking Hulu on iPad outside USA. They offer easy-to-follow setup guides, VPN apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, and Mac, as well as proper 24/7 customer support.
Last Updated Today
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Watch Hulu on iPad outside USA with Smart DNS Proxy
Although Smart DNS functions in a different manner, it is just as effective as VPN in unblocking Hulu on iPad abroad. First of all, you might find free DNS codes online which claim to unblock US channels such as Netflix or Hulu. Do not use these free DNS codes. They are neither stable nor secure. Using them might put your privacy at risk. If you want to use Smart DNS to unblock Hulu on your iPad overseas, follow these instructions.
- Sign up with a well-known Smart DNS proxy service like Unlocator. They have clear ToS and privacy policies.
- Once done, follow the setup guides to configure Smart DNS on your iPad. This can be done via the iPad’s network settings. All you need to do is input Unlocator DNS server addresses.
- Now you have access to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, Showtime, and other streaming channels on your iPad.
- Using Unlocator also allows you to unblock channels from other regions at the same time.
Unlocator offer a free 7-day trial – no credit card required. Their customer support is user-friendly and they usually respond to inquiries within a couple of hours.
Unblock Hulu on iPad outside USA with Smart DNS or VPN?
VPN and Smart DNS will allow you to unblock and watch Hulu on your iPad outside USA. Whichever solution you choose is up to you. If there’s any point you need more info on, simply leave a comment.