How to unblock TLC Go outside the USA? TLC, previously known as The Learning Channel, is an American TV network that is owned by Discovery Communications. Emphasis on American, as the channel is only available in the USA.
For American ex-pats living in UK, Australia, Canada, it can be difficult to watch TLC given that the channel blocks any attempts coming from overseas.
That won’t be the case for long. In this guide, we’ve rounded up all the information you need about TLC Go and how to unblock it outside the United States.
Unblock TLC Go – The Easy Method
Time needed: 4 minutes.
TLC Go has been around for quite some time now, but since its launch, it hasn’t been available outside the US. That changes today. Just follow the steps below and access TLC Go anywhere:
- Subscribe to a VPN service that has multiple US servers.
We recommend ExpressVPN as it has more than 20 servers in the United States.
- Get the VPN app and install it on your device.
You can get the app through the provider’s website or directly from your native App Store.
- Sign in with your VPN credentials and connect to a US server.
This will give you a US IP address.
- Open TLC Go’s website or launch its app.
Follow the step-by-step guide below if you don’t know how to get the app outside the US.
- Sign in with your cable TV credentials.
You can’t access TLC Go without a US-paid TV subscription.
- Watch TLC Go anywhere.
Stream the best reality shows in the US wherever you are.
Unblock TLC Go Overseas – Full Guide
There’s a lot more to know about how you can unblock TLC Go outside the US. That’s why we created this in-depth guide below:
What You Need
To get TLC Go abroad, you’ll need all the following:
- A VPN subscription.
- US Cable Provider account.
- TLC Go-compatible device.
Can I access TLC GO while outside of the U.S.?
TLC is one of the biggest channels in the United States. In fact, more than 81.6% of households with cable television in the US have direct access to the channel.
That translates to approximately 95 million American households. Unfortunately, this popularity is bounded by geo-restrictions, as no one abroad can get access to the channel.
Geo-blocking is a mechanism used by a lot of streaming services, where they examine your IP address to determine your location.
Once they pinpoint where you reside and it’s outside their area of coverage, you’ll be instantly blocked. Here’s what TLC has to say about the case:
“At this time, TLC GO is only available on U.S. domestic Internet services.”
This has probably to do with the fact Discovery sells broadcasting rights to its TV shows to foreign streaming channels. Thus, TLC Go cannot broadcast these same TV series outside the USA.
The statement above is mentioned on their website. However, the real-life experience is definitely more frustrating. If you attempt to stream TLC Go abroad, these error messages might appear:
- “We’re sorry. This site is not available in your region.”
- “We’re sorry, we’ve encountered an error playing this video. Please try again. Video Stream Href is null or empty.”
By now, you should know that TLC Go requires a cable subscription to allow you access to its library. This brings us to the last error message that you’ll get depending on your TV Provider. Since we’re using Spectrum, this is what we got:
“Your Spectrum settings do not include this content. Unauthorized.”
Luckily, with a VPN and the guide above, you can bypass these regional restrictions and access TLC Go wherever you may be outside the US.
A VPN’s Advantages
If the feeling of home-sickness while being away from home wasn’t enough, American ex-pats find it really difficult to watch their favorite TV shows in their native language while traveling abroad as well.
Either the shows you want to watch aren’t available in English, or worse, local channels don’t broadcast them at all. Luckily though, the workaround is a Virtual Private Network.
You can use a VPN to hide your current location and appear as if you are browsing the web from the USA. Other than that, a VPN can do the following:
- It provides military-grade encryption to protect your data from prying eyes.
- Anonymizes your browsing activities by concealing your IP address.
- Bypasses ISP throttling, ensuring better connections speeds.
- Allows you to download torrent files anonymously.
A quick Google search will reveal dozens of different VPN services, but you don’t want to invest in one that is either too slow or does not offer a money-back guarantee.
Our top recommendation goes to ExpressVPN. However, we’ll be providing our reviewed list of the best VPNs you can use to unblock any American TV channels abroad below:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Get TLC Go on Your Device Outside the US
Despite having the means to unblock the channel abroad, this doesn’t help you with getting the channel’s app on your device.
Please note that you cannot watch TLC Go without a cable subscription. If you don’t have one, try contacting relatives living in the US and ask if they can provide you with one.
Now, to get TLC Go, some extra steps should be taken, which is why we included this comprehensive guide below:
TLC Go has a dedicated app on Android. In order to get it, you should do this:
- Install the VPN app on your Android device and connect to a US server.
- Clear your Google Play’s Cache and Data, and change its region to the US.
- Download and install the TLC Go.
- Launch the app, log in using your TV provider, and start watching.
On iOS, here’s what you need to do:
- Get the VPN app on your iPhone and iPad.
- Change your Apple Store’s region to the US and download TLC Go.
- Connect to a US VPN server and launch TLC Go.
- Watch the best reality programs in the US from anywhere.
Roku doesn’t natively support VPN apps, which brings us to the following steps:
- Set up a US VPN connection on your router.
- Change Roku’s region to the US and download the TLC Go app.
- Activate TLC and sign in with your cable credentials.
- Stream TLC Go anywhere in the world.
Watching TLC on PC or Mac is a very simple task as no app is needed. This is all you have to do:
- Download the VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Head over to https://www.tlc.com/
- Sign in with your cable TV credentials.
- Watch anything on PC or Mac anywhere in the world.
Are you using Apple TV? Then here’s how you can get TLC Go:
- Set up a VPN connection on your router (US server).
- Turn on your Apple TV and change its region to the US.
- Download and install the TLC Go app.
- Launch it, sign in, and start watching.
If Xbox is your preferred streaming hub, these steps are required to get TLC Go:
- Install the VPN on your router (US server).
- Change your Xbox region to the US and download TLC Go.
- Launch the channel’s app and sign in with your TV provider.
- Watch TLC go anywhere.
To get TLC Go on your Samsung Smart TV, this is what you need to do:
- Configure the VPN on your router and connect to a US server.
- Change your Samsung Smart TV region to America and download TLC Go.
- Activate the channel and sign in.
- Start streaming wherever you may be.
FireStick’s method is very easy. To get TLC Go on your Fire TV, this is what you have to do:
- Download the VPN app on your device and connect to a US server.
- Change your Amazon account’s region to the US and download TLC Go.
- You can also sideload TLC Go, which is a preferred option for most users.
- Launch the channel and sign in.
- Watch TLC Go anywhere.
TLC Go Anywhere – Frequently Asked Questions
You ask, we answer. The following are inquiries submitted by our readers. You might find them helpful:
The service itself can be accessed for free if you have a US cable subscription.
Can I Watch TLC without having a TV Subscription?
If you have an Amazon Prime Video subscription, you can access TLC directly through the service courtesy of a deal between Amazon and Discovery Communications.
Why Is There a Lock Sign on my TLC Shows?
If you see a key/lock icon on your titles, that means you need to sign in with your TV provider in order to stream them. However, some episodes are available for free (no login is required).
What Devices is TLC Go Available on?
You can watch TLC Go on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Samsung Smart TV
What Shows Can I Watch on TLC Go?
Once you sign in with your TV provider, you’ll be able to watch dozens of reality shows including:
- Cake Boss
- Counting On
- Curvey Brides
- Extreme Cheapskates
- Ghost Brothers
- breaking Amish
- Born without Limbs
- Alaska Haunting
- America’s Worst Tattoos
- 90 Days Fiance
- Abby & Brittany
- 19 Kids & Counting
- 7 Little Johnstons
How to Watch TLC Go outside USA?
So, you now have everything you need to get TLC Go outside the US. Now, you can stream dozens of reality shows wherever you may be without witnessing any issues.
In case you do, we’re here. Just drop us a line or two in the comment section below and we’ll be happy to assist.