Unlock Netflix Hulu Pandora, MOG,BBC iplayer and every other app or site you want. So you got your Ipad, Iphone,Play station,Xbox, Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV or Blueray player. You know that the devices support Hulu-Plus, Netflix and other cool streaming sites but you either want another Netflix region or you dont get Netflix all, this article is for you.
Unlock Netflix Hulu and Pandora outside USA, Unleash your device !
Unlock Netflix Hulu and Pandora on Apple TV
To be honest, when I bought my AppleTV and found out it does not even show the Netflix Hulu and Pandora I was not happy, so the first step was to get my Apple TV to display those apps. Thankfully this was easy. All I had to to was go to settings->itunes->change itunes region and then change my iTunes region to USA.
Netflix Hulu and Pandora are available, now what ?
Having changed region on Apple TV I got my favorite apps now. However, if you try to launch any of these apps you will get errors such as “Netflix is not available” “No Internet connection available” and the likes. So we hit another wall. Again, I was not going to accept not being able to watch my favorite shows after having shelled out the money for an Apple TV. Unlocking Netflix Hulu Pandora and BBC Iplayer is actually not that difficult. Read on !
Use VPN or a Smart DNS Proxy, watch Netflix Hulu and Pandora anywhere.
The solution to the issue above is to either use a Smart DNS proxy service or a VPN service. I will quickly count the major differences between the two.
VPN to unlock Netflix and other streaming service
- Only works on supported devices
- PC, Ipad, Iphone, Android devices work
- Smart TVs, Apple TVs and others are not supported.
- If you have a router that supports VPN, you can have all devices supported.
- All traffic goes to VPN server which provides more security and privacy. Locations cover most of the globe.
- VPN Apps for Android IOS Mac and Windows
- You cant watch BBC i-player and Netflix USA at the same time since all traffic goes to one country.
Smart DNS Proxy to unlock Netflix and other streaming services
- Only change DNS on main router
- No additional configuration changes needed
- Supports all devices
- Not all traffic goes to Smart DNS proxy servers, which allows for the feature in the next bullet point and maintains your Internet speed at the same throughput as provided by your ISP.
- You can watch 4oD UK, France TV and Netflix USA at the same time. Due to the clever alorigthms of Smart DNS servers.
What you choose is your decision, I do use both solutions depending on where I am and what device I am using. I do use PureVPN VPN Provider as my favorite VPN solution and the best Smart DNS proxy solution I have tried so far is Unlocator DNS Service. Both of these services do have great support and uptime. One last input is that VPN which encrypts and protects all your traffic and protects you against ISP Proxies and DNS Hijacking by proxies, both setups done by ISPs that can break the SmartDNS logic. So if you are unlucky enough to have such an ISP Smart DNS probably wont work for you.
Please ask questions and send comments on any related topic. I promise to answer all !