The Amazon Instant Video app on iPhone is a great tool for video-on-demand streaming. The American Amazon Prime library offers a wide range of movies and TV shows. If you are an American expat on holidays in Canada, UK, Germany, France, Mexico, Brazil, or Australia, you will not be able to watch Amazon Instant Video on iPhone due to regional restrictions. Read the following guide for info and instructions on how to use VPN or Smart DNS proxies, you can unblock the Amazon Instant Video on iPhone outside USA.
How to Watch US Amazon Instant Video on iPhone outside USA with VPN or DNS Proxy
: Amazon recently launched their Amazon Prime Video service globally. If you have signed up for a local Prime Video account, you can use it along with ExpressVPN
to change your Amazon Prime Video region to USA
How to Watch Amazon Instant Video on iPhone outside USA – VPN Workaround
Even though you have a legit American Amazon account and are using the US Amazon Prime app on your iPhone, you will not be able to watch Amazon Instant Video abroad. Instead, you will see the following error message This video isn’t available due to geographical licensing restrictions.” Amazon blocks any device which does not have an American IP address from watching content on Amazon Instant Video. To rectify this, you need to get a US IP address. By using VPN, you can connect to an American VPN server and thus acquire an American IP address needed to access US geoblocked content.
- VPN apps can be downloaded and installed on iPhones. Once the app is installed, all what’s left to do is connecting to a US VPN server.
- This process unlocks all US apps on your iPhone. US Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, ABC GO, Showtime, and HBO GO can be unblocked.
- If you are staying at an hotel, or are using a public WiFi hotspot, using VPN is highly recommended since it encrypts your traffic and protects your privacy.
- Using poor VPN providers can slow down your Internet speed quite a bit. Make sure you sign up with a VPN provider with fast VPN servers.
I have been using ExpressVPN for quite a while now and have been able to unblock Amazon Instant Video on iPhone outside US without issues. Take a look at the best VPN providers to unblock geoblocked channels below.
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Unblock Amazon Instant Video on iPhone outside US – Smart DNS Proxy Solution
Of course VPN is not the only way to bypass geographic restrictions. Smart DNS can also be used to unblock Amazon Instant Video on most streaming devices including iPhone abroad. The difference is that Smart DNS does not alter your IP address. It only redirects the part of your connection that reveals your location to Amazon.
- Just like VPN, Smart DNS can be configured on iPhone devices.
- The amount of geo-restricted channels you can unblock on iPhone varies from one Smart DNS proxy provider to another.
- No IP address change means you can still watch local streaming channels while Smart DNS is enabled.
- No speed loss when using Smart DNS but no traffic encryption either.
If you want to try Smart DNS to watch Amazon Instant Video on your iPhone, sign up for a free Unlocator trial. No credit card is required. In total, Unlocator supports around 219 streaming channels, most of which are supported on iPhone.
Amazon Instant Video on iPhone outside USA – Unblock with Smart DNS proxy or VPN?
Some people prefer VPN to unblock Amazon Instant Video Prime outside USA while other use Smart DNS. Both methods are equally efficient.