How to Get American Netflix on FireStick outside US
How to watch American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV – Use VPN
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. In essence it will allow you to create a Virtual tunnel that will send all your traffic to the USA “If the VPN server is in the USA” and a result all US sites will be unblocked. The problem with this approach is that Amazon Fire TV does not support VPN. So unless you have a VPN enabled router or a DD-WRT loaded router you are better of jumping to the DNS approach below. If you want to choose VPN here are some notes :
- VPN encrypts all your traffic, this will prevent sniffing and ISP logging/eavesdropping.
- The encryption also is stealthy against most ISP restrictions such as DNS hijacking and Transparent Proxies.
- The best VPN servers out there will give you a speed penalty of roughly 10%. If you end up with a bad VPN provider you might suffer a lot more on speed.
- Given that all your traffic will go to USA, all USA content will be unblocked “Hulu, Fox, ABC, HBO, WWE Network, Crunchyroll”. As a result though local sites which check if you are in Denmark, Sweden, UK etc wont work anymore.
A VPN provider with great speeds,decent support, easy to use apps for Ipad, Ipod, Iphone, Android Mac and PC is ExpressVPN.
You can also use the VPN services below to watch US Netflix on your Fire TV.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to watch American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV – Use DNS Proxies
Update: Unlocator no longer works allows you to get American Netflix on FireStick outside USA. Use ExpressVPN instead.
Smart DNS Proxies are different than VPN, they only re-route the Geo location aware bits of the traffic, this presents a lot of benefits and a few restrictions as well. All you have to do to use Amazon Fire TV with Smart DNS proxies is to change the DNS on your router, or use a static IP on your Amazon Fire TV and use the advanced option to set a static IP. A few more notable things about Smart DNS Proxies follow below :
- No encryption, only geographically aware URLs are re-routed. As a result there is no speed penalty. As all your traffic continoues to work as if nothing has changed.
- Easy to setup and supports all devices. See Video and Picture guides for setup here
- Local sites will work normally, at the same time you can watch BBC Iplayer, Canadian CBC, American sites such as Fox, HBO, ABC, WWE Network, Pandora, Netflix. In short multiple regions are supported at once. See the full listing of available channels here.
- The main drawback with Smart DNS is that it is easily broken by ISPs that apply DNS hijacking and Transparent Proxies. Luckily, this is not applied so much anymore. But if you are a user of such an ISP, Vodafone Spain, being an example you have to use VPN. Or again an advanced DD-WRT is available.
Unlocator offers a 7 day trial, close to 90 of the most used channels online. And probably the fastest DNS in the industry. So if you want to give this a try at no cost, use their trial.
How to Get American Netflix on Amazon Fire TV Stick
The only way to unblock American Netflix and other US channels on Amazon Fire TV is by using Smart DNS proxies or VPN. Tell us which method you prefer and why in the comment section.
Hello, I am having a terrible time being able to watch anything properly on my firestick that I received as a gift for Christmas. I am located outside of the United States, and I purchased two different vpn services (nord, and expressvpn) both of which have apps on. The firestick. When I turn them on through the firestick they do absolutely nothing! Help? Please? :,(
I’ve tried a few things to get US netflix on my fire. I looked into NordVPN which I heard works but it was too confusing for me to set up.
I tried the privacy hero app which had a one week free trial and I was able to get US netflix from canada. check them out.
I’ve spent all day trying to somehow get US Netflix to play onto my TV — either through router DNS settings, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, the LG smart TV itself and even briefly through Kodi (on the FireTV).
I signed up with StrongVPN who ended up telling me I can’t do so without buying a special router and tried with Unblocker where I finally found on their website a note saying Netflix will not work.
Any other ideas?