How to watch the Eurovision 2017 Final free live on Kodi 17.1? This year’s Eurovision song contest final will take place in Kyiv, Ukraine. The BBC iPlayer will broadcast the whole event free live online in the United Kingdom. If you’re a resident of the UK, all you have to do is install the BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi to watch Eurovision live online. You can also use this guide if you live in USA, Canada, or Australia. Keep in mind that the BBC iPlayer addon is geoblocked outside UK. Therefore, you will also need to use VPN to bypass these georestrictions. I’ve included instructions on how to use VPN to unblock geoblocked Kodi addons like iPlayer as well. So, let’s find out how to stream Eurovision Grand Final on PC, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi, FireStick, or any other device you have installed Kodi on.
How to Stream Eurovision 2017 Final on Kodi 17 Krypton?
How to Watch Eurovision 2017 Final on Kodi – Use VPN
If you currently live in the United Kingdom, the instructions below should be enough for you to watch BBC iPlayer on your Kodi-enabled device. However, due to regional restrictions, you cannot use the BBC iPlayer Kodi addon in USA, Canada, Australia unless you spoof your online location first. Luckily, this is an easy and straight forward process.
- Sign up with a VPN provider that has VPN servers in UK such as IPVanish.
- Download and install the VPN application on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Connect to a UK VPN server after you launch the VPN app.
- You can now stream live and on-demand content on UK Kodi addons including ITV, BBC, and the likes.
Here is a list of the best VPN providers you can potentially use with Kodi.
How to Stream Eurovision 2017 Final on Kodi 17
In order to watch the final Eurovision 2017 show, you have to install the BBC iPlayer addon on Kodi. Simply follow these steps.
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://srp.nu”.
- Name it ‘Super’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Super -> Krypton -> Categories -> Video.
- Select superrepo.kodi.krypton.video-0.7.04.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose the Superrepo Category Video to open it.
- Click on Video Add-ons -> BBC iPlayer and press install.
- Wait until you see the BBC iPlayer Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- All the video addons you install, including BBC iPlayer, will appear here.
- Select BBC iPlayer -> Live -> BBC One.
- Watch Eurovision 2017 Final free live on Kodi.
Keep in mind that if you live outside the UK, the addon will throw an error message unless you’re using VPN as I’ve previously explained.
How to Watch Eurovision Final 2017 on Kodi
Using VPN on Kodi might seem like too much of a hassle for some. However, the benefits, both in terms of bypass geo-restrictions and being able to watch content anonymously, more than makes up for it. If you need any help with setting up BBC iPlayer addon to stream the 2017 Eurovision final on Kodi, please leave a comment below.