How to stream the 2019 Tony Awards live online in USA, UK, Canada, or Australia? This Sunday, June 9th, 2019, the iconic Radio City Music Hall in New York City, USA will host the 73rd edition of the Tony Awards. The annual ceremony is held to recognize the achievements in Broadway productions during the 2018/19 season. Hadestown and Ain’t Too Proud are both expected to scoop the majority of awards. This year, James Corden will serve as the event’s hosts. Read the guide below for more information on how to watch the Tony Awards 2019 live on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, PS4, Xbox or Windows 10.
How to Watch Tony Awards 2019 Live Stream Online
Tony Awards 2019 Streaming Channels
How to Watch Tony Awards 2019 Live with VPN
American expats living abroad aren’t allowed to stream content on US channels due to geographic restrictions. If you try to watch the Tony Awards CBS online outside the USA, you will be presented with the by an error that basically states that the video you’re trying to watch is not available in your region. In order to bypass regional restrictions, you will have to spoof your online location. The best way to unblock geo-blocked streaming channels is by using a VPN. Here’s how you could unblock CBS All Access using VPN and eventually watch Tony Awards 2019 live online.
- First, you need to sign up with a VPN provider which has VPN servers in the United States.
- Set up VPN on your Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC by downloading and installing the VPN app.
- Once done, connect to a USA VPN server. This will allow you to get an American IP address.
- All that’s left to do is go to the CBS All Access website and sign in using your CBS account.
- The same process unblocks any other streaming channels anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN is a VPN provider with fast VPN servers around the world. Give them a try if you wish to unblock CBS All Access or any other streaming channel around the world. I’ve also tested the following VPN providers to watch Tony Awards 2019 in UK, Canada, USA, or Australia.
Tony Awards 2019 Nominees
This year’s 73rd annual Tony Awards will be hosted by James Corden on June 9 at Radio City Music Hall. The show will air on CBS. Some Broadway aficionados were surprised that both “To Kill Mockingbird” and “Network” were not nominated in the best play category. In my opinion, they both deserve a slot in this top award category. Hadestown and Ain’t Too Loud are on the top of the nomination list with 14 and 12 nominations respectively followed by Tootsie with 11. The ceremony is full of surprises and no one knows who’ll be snatching the award in the end.
The Special Tony Award is presented to the late Marin Mazzie; music director Jason Michael Webb; Sonny Tilders and Creature Technology Company, creator of the gorilla in King Kong among others.
Bebe Neuwirth and Brandon Victor Dixon announced the nominees Tuesday morning from the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts at Lincoln Center. Here are some of the 2019 Tony Awards Nominations:
- Choir Boy
- The Ferryman
- Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
- What the Constitution Means to Me
- Ain’t Too Proud
- The Prom
- All My Sons
- The Boys in the Band
- Burn This
- Torch Song
- The Waverly Gallery
Best Leading Actor (Play)
- Paddy Considine – The Ferryman as Quinn Carney
- Bryan Cranston – Network as Howard Beale
- Jeff Daniels – To Kill a Mockingbird as Atticus Finch
- Adam Driver – Burn This as Pale
- Jeremy Pope – Choir Boy as Pharus Jonathan Young
Best Leading Actress (Play)
- Annette Bening – All My Sons as Kate Keller
- Laura Donnelly – The Ferryman as Caitlin Carney
- Elaine May – The Waverly Gallery as Gladys Green
- Janet McTeer – Bernhardt/Hamlet as Sarah Bernhardt
- Laurie Metcalf – Hillary and Clinton as Hillary
- Heidi Schreck – What the Constitution Means to Me as Heidi Schreck
Best Direction of a Play
- Rupert Goold – Ink
- Sam Mendes – The Ferryman
- Bartlett Sher – To Kill a Mockingbird
- Ivo van Hove – Network
- George C. Wolfe – Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
Best Direction of a Musical
- Rachel Chavkin – Hadestown
- Scott Ellis – Tootsie
- Daniel Fish – Oklahoma!
- Des McAnuff – Ain’t Too Proud
- Casey Nicholaw – The Prom
Best Costume Design in a Play
- Rob Howell – The Ferryman
- Toni-Leslie James – Bernhardt/Hamlet
- Clint Ramos – Torch Song
- Ann Roth – To Kill a Mockingbird
- Ann Roth – Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
- Camille A. Brown – Choir Boy
- Warren Carlyle – Kiss Me, Kate
- Denis Jones – Tootsie
- David Neumann – Hadestown
- Sergio Trujillo – Ain’t Too Proud
Best Sound Design of a Play
- Adam Cork – Ink
- Scott Lehrer – To Kill a Mockingbird
- Fitz Patton – Choir Boy
- Nick Powell – The Ferryman
- Eric Seichim – Network
How to Stream Tony Awards 2019 Live Online – Final Thoughts
In terms of favorites, Hadestown has 14 nominations. The ceremony is stacked with competition aiming to be the best of the previous year. Which Broadway show will walk away with the most trophies? Share your predictions below.