The 2018 IWF World Championships are about to start! This year, the championships will be held in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, from November 1 – 10. The IWF has released the official list of broadcasting channels, however, that doesn’t mean that everyone will have access to the championship live online. Read on to find out how to watch the 2018 IWF World Weightlifting Championship live and online from anywhere in the world.
List of Channels Broadcasting the 2018 IWF World Championships
Here’s a list of all major streaming channels that will broadcast the 2018 World Weightlifting Championships around the globe:
- USA: ESPN3
- India: Hotstar
- Canada & Japan: DAZN
- MENA: beIN Sports
- UK & Ireland: Premier Sports
- New Zealand: Sky NZ
- France: L’Equipe
- Russia: Match TV
How to Watch the World Weightlifting Championships 2018 Live with a VPN
All of the channels listed above are geo-restricted. That means you cannot watch them outside their designated regions. In order to bypass geo-errors, you have to spoof your online location. By doing so, you can trick a specific channel into thinking you’re located in a country where it is available.
We suggest using VPN to unblock DAZN to watch the championship live, but the channel you choose is completely up to you.
Let’s define VPNs first.
- Encrypt your data.
- Re-route your traffic through their own secure servers.
When a VPN re-routes your traffic, it ends up changing your public IP address to match the location of the server you connected to. Usually, geo-blocks are based on wide-scale IP bans for specific regions.
In other words, changing your IP to match a region that isn’t blocked by the channel you chose will let you watch the championship live using that channel.
How to Use a VPN to Watch the 2018 IWF World Championships Live
Here’s how you can watch the 2018 IWF World Championships on DAZN: (Remember, you can use the exact same process here to unblock any of the other channels above)
- Sign up with a credible VPN service provider, like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app that matches your chosen streaming device. Most top-tier providers will have native VPN apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- Launch the app and select a Canadian or Japanese server (for DAZN). For any other channel, simply match the server with the country the channel is broadcasting in.
- Wait for the connection to establish. Check if your IP has changed here.
- Head over to DAZN or your selected channel and stream the IWF World Championships live!
Best VPN for Bypassing Geo-blocks
Our VPN experts suggest using ExpressVPN to unblock the channel of your choice.
This service provider offers an impeccable service to all of its users. With more than 2000+ servers in over 94+ countries, you’ll be able to use this VPN to unblock most all of the channels you want. You’ll even get 24/7 access to their 5-star customer service team (one of the best in the industry) and a 30-day money-back guarantee. This way, you can test out the service before making a genuine commitment to it.
In case you’re still not convinced of ExpressVPN’s prowess, feel free to use these providers instead:
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
The World Weightlifting Championships – Final Thoughts
That’s all you need to know to unblock one of the broadcasting channels and watch the 2018 IWF World Championships live from anywhere in the world. You can check out the list of competitors on the IWF’s official website. Remember, while a VPN will give you access to the channel, it won’t bypass any enforced subscription fee or registration requirement.