How to stream the 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup free live online? The Women’s Rugby World Cup will take place in Ireland between the 9th of August and 26th of August, 2017. In the United Kingdom, ITV will broadcast the tournament free live online. Unfortunately for Rugby fans, ITV Hub is geoblocked outside UK. In this tutorial, I will show you how to unblock ITV in USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, and anywhere else around the world. Thus you will be able to watch the Women’s Rugby World Cup free live on your PC, Mac, Android, Smart TV, Fire Stick in HD.
How to Watch Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017 Free Live
First Step – Create your free ITV Account
Although ITV is a free streaming channel, you still have to sign up for an account in order to watch live and catch up programs. Simply follow these steps to register your free ITV account in USA, Canada, Australia or anywhere else outside UK.
- Head over to the ITV website.
- Then, click on ‘Sign in’ in the top-right corner of your screen.
- On the next page, select ‘Sign up now’.
- Enter your details, including your title, name, email address, and date of birth.
- For ‘Postcode’, enter ‘WC1X 0AA’ without the quotations.
- Then, check the ‘ITV Terms and Condition Box’.
- Finally, select ‘I’m ready’.
You will then receive a confirmation email in your inbox. Click on the link inside it and your free ITV account will be ready to use. Now, all you need is one of the solutions explained below to watch WRWC 2017 anywhere in the world.
Stream Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017 Live Online using VPN
If you try to stream ITV live outside UK, you will be presented with the following geo-error.
“We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK.”
“We’re sorry. This video isn’t available right now.”
So, how are rugby fans in Australia, Ireland, Canada, or USA supposed to watch Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017 free online? Well, all you have to do is trick ITV into thinking you are located in UK. One way of doing so is by using VPN. A virtual private network basically allows you to get a UK IP address which then enables you to unblock any British streaming channels regardless of where you currently live. Follow these steps to unblock ITV outside UK.
- First of all, sign up with a VPN service. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
- You now appear to be browsing the web using an British IP address.
- This approach allows you to unblock all UK channels anywhere overseas including BBC iPlayer, TVPlayer, Channel 4, Channel 5, and of course ITV Player.
- Finally, head over to the ITV website or launch the ITV Hub app and stream Women’s Rugby World Cup as if you were in the United Kingdom.
While I do recommend using ExpressVPN to unblock ITV Hub outside UK, mainly due to their 30-day refund guarantee, you can also use other VPN services to watch Women’s Rugby World Cup live online.
How to Watch Women’s Rugby World Cup Free Online with Smart DNS
Smart DNS is another method you can use to bypass regional restrictions and unblock channels that are not available in your country. You do not get a new IP address in this case. Your traffic is only partially redirected and the channels you get to unblock solely depend on which Smart DNS proxy service you are using. Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to unblock ITV overseas and subsequently stream Women’s Rugby World Cup free live online anywhere in the world.
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Afterwards, follow these videos/setup tutorial to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Finally, go to the ITV website or launch the ITV Player app and sign in using the ITV account you have created earlier.
- Watch WRWC 2017 free online.
The reason why I have suggested using Unlocator in this case is because it’s the only Smart DNS proxy service that actually allowed me to watch ITV abroad. Their free 7-day trial means you have nothing to lose when trying their service.
WRWC 2017 Streaming Channels
- France: Eurosport and France Télévision
- Ireland: Eir Sport and RTE
- Spain: RTVE
- United Kingdom: ITV
- USA: NBC Sports
- Australia: Foxtel
Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017 Fixtures and Results
You can check out all the upcoming fixtures and results by visiting the official WRWC website.
ITV Player Supported Devices
You can get the ITV app on the following streaming platforms.
- Samsung Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon FireStick
- Now TV
- Apple TV
How to Watch Women’s Rugby World Cup Overseas Free?
Hopefully this tutorial has helped all of you rugby fanatics stream Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017 anywhere in the world. If you have any questions, or need more info about using ExpressVPN or Unlocator to avoid geographic restrictions, feel free to leave a comment below.