Switzerland: The country so peaceful and progressive it’s used as a benchmark for all other countries. There are many benefits the Swiss enjoy, especially freedom of speech and press. What, however, would a Swiss IP address benefit you with?
For Swiss expats, having access to your home country’s IP address can be incredibly beneficial. From e-banking to accessing local websites and content, a Swiss IP address can be incredibly beneficial while abroad. Here’s how you can get a Swiss IP anywhere in the world by using a VPN.
How to Get a Swiss IP Address Abroad Using a VPN
The easiest way to spoof your IP and get a Swiss IP address is by using a VPN. A VPN will connect you to a server in a different location, which it uses to re-route your traffic for security reasons. When you connect to a server you end up changing your IP to match that server’s location. To get a Swiss IP, you need to connect to a Swiss server. Here’s how you can do that using a VPN:
- Sign-up with a VPN provider that has servers in Switzerland. ExpressVPN is one of those providers.
- Download and install the VPN app that matches your streaming device (Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android devices).
- Launch the application, sign in with your credentials, and connect to a Swiss server.
- Wait for the connection to establish then check if your IP has changed.
- Browse the web with your new Swiss IP.
Best VPN to Get a Swiss IP Address
I have been using ExpressVPN for a while now, and have personally used a Swiss IP more than once. ExpressVPN is a safe and reliable VPN service provider with 2000+ servers all over the world. It’s also a top-tier VPN that ensure the privacy of its users online with a strict no-log policy.
ExpressVPN offers a 30-Day Money-Back guarantee, meaning you don’t have to commit to the provider without testing out the service first. You can read more about ExpressVPN’s features in our review article here to help you make up your mind about this incredible VPN.
Why Would You Need a Swiss IP address?
Most people covet an American or a UK IP address, but there are benefits to spoof your IP to a Swiss IP. You should consider getting a Swiss IP if you are a:
- Swiss expat who wants access to local news stations and shows.
- Swiss expat who wants to access your Swiss banking accounts online.
- Business owner who wants to monitor your Swiss marketing campaigns.
- Currently learning Swiss-German, Italian, French, or German and want to access content in those languages.
How to Get a Swiss IP Address Outside of Switzerland – Final Thoughts
A Swiss citizen living abroad can find it difficult to keep in touch with local news and entertainment. With a Swiss IP address, expats and travelers can retain a sense of home despite their geographic location. By using a VPN, you can easily spoof your IP and get a Swiss IP address and access the content you want all over the world. For a better insight about which VPN service providers we do recommend, check our best VPN for Switzerland guide.