Blu-ray players are one of the most convenient ways to watch movies, after all that’s precisely what they are made for. Modern blu-ray players can be connected to the internet and even have applications and internet streaming services such as Netflix to stream movies and TV serie
s. Some blu-ray players have a dedicated Netflix remote control button. The American Netflix version
has the most comprehensive Netflix library out there. But if you live outside the United States
you cant get access to it. due to geographic restrictions
. If you want to change your Netflix region
and unblock/stream U.S. Netflix on Blu-ray players
in Canada, UK, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, or Emirates,
use VPN or Smart DNS
How to watch US Netflix on Blu-ray players outside USA – VPN and Smart DNS solutions
How to Stream U.S. Netflix on Blu-Ray Players outside U.S using VPN
The term “VPN” is becoming quite popular on the internet and for good reasons. A virtual private network allows you to unblock American Netflix on your Blu-ray player and on other Netflix-compatible devices. Additionally, you will be able to access restricted websites and other services based on the country your VPN server is located in. It’s essential to carefully choose your VPN provider, since a lot of VPN reduce your internet speed which affects your streaming capabilities. VPN improves your internet experience in various ways:
- By encrypting your internet data, VPN protects you from hackers and other online spies.
- VPN allows you to change and hide your IP address to different countries.
- VPN is very easy to set up even if you’re not familiar with technical internet terms.
- VPN is not affected by policies your ISP might use, like Transparent proxies and DNS hijacking.
A good example of a trustworthy VPN provider is ExpressVPN. They provide easy to use apps for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and android devices, have an impressive 300 servers worldwide covering most countries on the map.
To unblock and watch American Netflix on Blu-Ray outside US, use these VPN services.
How to stream U.S. Netflix on Blu-ray player outside America using Smart DNS Proxies
Unlocator does not support unblocking American Netflix
at the moment. Use ExpressVPN
to watch Netflix abroad. ExpressVPN do offer Smart DNS proxies for compatible devices.
Smart DNS is another solution to unblock U.S. Netflix outside U.S on your Blu-ray player. What Smart DNS does is redirect part of your internet connection to a server in the US. If you choose to set up a Smart DNS, your internet speed will definitely not get affected. This is mainly what makes Smart DNS special. Other features of Smart DNS:
- Simple to set up: Just change the DNS IP/Code on your device or router and you’re all set.
- Unblock streaming channels from different regions at the same time without making any significant changes.
- Your local IP address does not change which means local websites and services will keep working normally.
- Smart DNS works on most devices such as iPhones, iPads, android devices, PS, Xbox, and many more.
If you’re searching for a good Smart DNS provider, try Unlocator which has about 214 unlocked streaming services. Unlocator also has servers all over the world and guides and videos to simplify the setup process.
If you are looking for a blu-ray player that has Netflix, check the list below:
(Note: This is not an exclusive list)
- BDP-BX38, BDP-S280, BDP-S380, BDP-S480
- BDP-S370, BDP-S470
- BDP-BX39, BDP-BX59, BDP-S390, BDP-S590, BDP-S790
- BDP-S570, BDP-S770, BDP-S1700ES
- BDP-BX58, BDP-S580, BDP-S780
- BDV-E280, BDV-E880
- BDV-E370, BDV-E570, BDV-E770W, BDV-F7, BDV-HZ970W, BDV-T57
- BDV-E580, BDV-E780W, BDV-E980W, BDV-T58
- BDV-E385, BDV-E390, BDV-N790W, BDV-N890W/Z, BDV-T79
- BD-P1600, BD-P3600, BD-P4600
Some of these Blu-ray players offer additional internet streaming services such as :
- Amazon Instant
- Hulu Plus
American Netflix on Blu-Ray outside USA – The Conclusion
If you are still unsure of whether VPN or Smart DNS is best the right choice for you, use the comment box below and I will try to give advice.