Netflix has turned into a global source of entertainment. It commits to creating high-quality originals that aren’t available anywhere else. And we mean that literally. Although Netflix can be found in over 200 countries, each version is different than the other. Both Netflix US and Netflix Australia are packed with some of the most prominent titles from the last few decades, boasting plenty of titles with Internet Movie Database (IMDb) ratings in the 8.0 and above range. Due to licensing issues, many of these movies are only available on one of the services rather than both. With that being said, how do you think US Netflix vs Australian Netflix is shaping up? Let’s find out the differences in the article below.
Netflix US vs Netflix Australia- Table of Comparison
Last Updated Today
| ||Netflix USA||Netflix Australia
|Launch Date||April, 1998||March, 2015
Netflix Australia – Is it a Big Deal?
The Netflix Australia and New Zealand launch apparently were just the beginning. A year later, the streaming giant disclosed about its aim for international expansion. Netflix Australia launched on 24 March 2015, and it started off with a poor library but evolved throughout time. It has since grown to compete with some of the bigger international TV and movie catalogs. In January 2018, Netflix’s library grew by 114% with 2400 TV and movie titles as opposed to the 1120 titles it began with.
How to Get Netflix Australia in the US
Americans cannot access Netflix Australia, meaning US users can’t access it without a VPN service provider. If you want to get Netflix Australia in the US, you’ll need to sign up for a VPN. What a VPN does is it creates a digital tunnel through which your device accesses the Internet. Then it reroutes your connection through a designated server in Australia. Consequently, you’ll be provided with an Australian IP address. meaning, you’ll be able to access all American content, including Netflix Australia. Follow the following steps to get Netflix Australia in the US.
- First, you need to sign up for a VPN service.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream Netflix Australia on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in Australia.
- After you connect to an Australian server, you’ll be provided with a temporary Australian IP address that makes it look like you’re located in Australia.
- Now that you have an Australian IP, you can easily access Netflix Australia as if you’re physically located in Australia.
Netflix US – The Best Netflix Region There Is?
It’s no surprise that American Netflix has got the best catalog leading with 4052 films and 1580 shows in its library. Netflix was launched on April 14, 1998, as the world’s first online DVD rental store, with only 30 employees and 925 titles available. It is commonly known that Netflix US has the better library by miles mainly because Netflix was established in the US and the country bought all the broadcasting rights for the most popular content. Movies such as “Till Death Do Us Part, 101 Dalmatians, 89, and 13 Cameras can only be found in the US library and not in the Australian one.
How to Get Netflix US in Australia?
You can get Netflix US in Australia the same you get Australian Netflix in America, with a VPN. A virtual private network is the safest method of unblocking worldwide content. It connects the device you’re using to an American server. The VPN reroutes the traffic through that server, giving you an American IP address. Having that IP enables you to access all kinds of US-based content, including Netflix US. Follow the following steps to get Netflix US in Australia.
- First, you need to sign up for a VPN service.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream Netflix US on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the US.
- After you connect to a US server, you’ll be provided with a temporary American IP address that makes it look like you’re located in the US.
- Now that you have an American IP, you can easily access Netflix US as if you’re physically in America.
Netflix subscribers in Australia did get to enjoy many exclusive series and hours of quality television and movies, however, that does not make Netflix Australia superior to Netflix US. The service in Australia is not perfect and needs a lot of work for it lacks many of the titles available in the US Netflix library, from popular new shows to timeless classics. Not that it was a tough call, but Netflix US dwarfs Netflix Australia in terms of content and quality TV. Do you think we’ve made the right choice? Let us know which version you think is best in the comment section below.
Netflix US vs Netflix Australia
Description: ExpressVPN services as the best provider for getting you Netflix unblocked wherever you are.
TV Show Section