How to Get American Netflix in Australia? [Solved]
- Benefits of a VPN – Quick Intro
- How to Get American Netflix in Australia with a VPN
- Best VPN to Unblock US Netflix in Australia
- Are VPNs Legal in Australia?
- Do You Need US Netflix in Australia?
- How to Switch Back to Australian Netflix
- Get American Netflix in Australia in 2020 – Smart DNS Proxy
How to Get American Netflix in Australia – VPN
Virtual Private Tunnels or VPN allow you to pipe all your traffic to a server in the USA, this will bypass any ISP and/or Website restrictions related to the USA. However, a lot of VPNs no longer work with Netflix. Therefore you have to carefully choose which VPN you use to get American Netflix in Australia. Also, make sure that your VPN provider has a 30-day refund policy. That way you are taking no risks when signing up.
- All traffic is encrypted, therefore you can bypass most ISP restrictions and inspections.
- As a result of bandwidth being encrypted a 10% speed penalty is suffered.
- All your traffic is piped, which means that local channels that need you to be in Australia will stop working as you appear to be coming from the USA.
- You can use a VPN to unblock all American channels in Australia. Get American Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, ABC Go, or HBO GO.
- You can also use VPN to get UK channels in Australia. Watch BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4, My5, Sky Go, or Now TV anywhere in the world.
I do personally use ExpressVPN while traveling. They have great support and they do provide apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, and Mac. They also provide Smart DNS proxies you can use on your router, Smart TV, PS4, PS3, Xbox, Roku, or Fire Stick. Most importantly, ExpressVPN is one of the VPNs that actually still work with Netflix.
We have tested the following VPNs and can confirm they all allow you to get American Netflix in Australia.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Get American Netflix in Australia – Step By Step Guide
First, you need to do is sign up with a VPN provider from the list above. I constantly test these VPNs to verify they are still working. In case any of them do not work with Netflix any longer, I will remove them from the list. In some cases, some American VPN servers work while others don’t. Try connecting to a different US server if you get the Netflix proxy error, or contact your VPN’s support to get info on which servers are still working.
Follow these steps to get American Netflix in Australia:
- First, sign up with a VPN provider.
- Then, download and install the VPN application to your PC, Mac, Android, iOS device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Now, connect to an American VPN server.
- Finally, go to the Netflix website or launch the Netflix application.
- Watch American Netflix in Australia.
Best VPNs to get American Netflix in Australia
Before you invest in any random VPN you come across, you might want to know that Netflix bans most of the VPN services out there. Ranging from premium to free, no VPN is safe when Netflix wants to protect its content. If you use a blocked VPN, you’ll be getting this.
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
That will certainly ruin a streaming sit in, no? However, I’ve tested numerous VPN providers in order to find the best ones to aid you with this problem. Check them out in a detailed analysis below.
ExpressVPN is considered to be one of the best VPNs to use for Netflix as it always works perfectly with the service. It comes with the fastest speeds you can find among other providers and doesn’t slow down much when you encrypt your data.
It ranks high in other areas as well such as security and privacy. The thing is, ExpressVPN uses high-level military tech to protect your device from any outside interference when you’re browsing the web. Not only that, but it also offers more than 40000 IP address to anonymize your internet approach no matter how strict your country is when it comes to the internet.
ExpressVPN also provides its users with Smart DNS proxies that work on PS3, PS4, Xbox, FireTV, Roku, Smart TV, and routers. These devices do not have VPN clients. Therefore, you cannot install a VPN directly on them. A Smart DNS proxy enables you to fix that issue. Learn more about this robust VPN:
- Works well with Netflix.
- 30-day cash-back.
- Operates in countries with high censorship including China.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- More than 2000 servers around the world.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 5 simultaneous connections.
- 256-bit AES encryption
NordVPN has some of the most advanced online security technology, with one of its most unique features being its Double VPN encryption. This feature allows users to route their traffic through two servers instead of one, doubling the level of protection to your online data. This VPN also adopts a strict zero logging policy where user data never gets shared out. You’ll be able to use 6 devices at once with a shared account, which means that you get 6 connections while subscribing once only. Here’s more:
- 5000+ servers across the globe.
- Extra device protection with “Cybersec” technology.
- 24/7 award-winning support.
- Works worldwide with Netflix.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 6 devices under one subscription.
- Double VPN feature.
BulletVPN might fool you based on how simple their client is. That’s not because they didn’t put a lot of work into it, no, it’s simply targeted to all kinds of users including non-tech-savvy individuals. Upon signing up, you’ll be treated with unlimited bandwidth and super-fast servers protected by superior security protocols.
One thing that gives this VPN a step back is the number of servers it offers. They’re not many, but you can tell that BulletVPN has placed them in strategic places. On the other hand, I give this new VPN a thumbs up as it’s able to unblock US Netflix despite other top VPNs not being able to. So, in my opinion, it’s worth a shot.
This VPN keeps no logs and has an incredible live support team ready to help you at any time for any inconvenience. Check out more:
- No-log policy.
- Supports PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN, IKEv1, and IKEv2 protocols.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Servers in 30 different countries.
- Smart DNS available.
- 5 connected devices at once.
- 30-day money back period.
You might ask yourself: “How can a newcomer like SurfShark have the ability to unblock Netflix when others couldn’t?” Well, it is what it is. SurfShark has no trouble unblocking Netflix. Although it’s new, it has made a name for itself in the VPN industry. Give it a bit more time and it’ll be surfing with the big sharks.
SurfShark offers unlimited simultaneous connections, which means that you, your friends, and family can benefit from a VPN connection by paying for one account subscription only. Moreover, this VPN allows users to request a refund within 30-days of their purchase if their services weren’t able to fulfill your online needs. If you want to know more, scroll a bit further:
- Kill switch.
- Blazing fast speeds.
- 24/7 live chat.
- Works in highly censored regions.
- Unblocks Netflix.
- No logs are kept.
- Unlimited connections.
- Allows P2P
Is Using VPN to Watch American Netflix in Australia Legal?
Under Australian Law, it is not illegal to use VPN in order to circumvent regional restrictions imposed on various streaming services. Therefore, it is not illegal to unblock American Netflix in Australia using VPN.
“The Copyright Act does not make it illegal to use a VPN to access overseas content. While content providers often have in place international commercial arrangements to protect copyright in different countries or regions, which can result in ‘geoblocking’, circumventing this is not illegal under the Copyright Act.”
Should You Change Your Netflix Region to the USA in Australia?
Switching your Netflix country to the US has many benefits. You will get access to content on Netflix that isn’t available Down Under, in fact, the American Netflix library is one of the biggest. Take a look at how Netflix Australia compares to Netflix USA in this review.
Can I Switch Back to Netflix Australia?
Yes, all you need to do is disconnect your VPN connection and restart the device you’re watching Netflix on. Once that is done, you will be able to access your native Netflix library again.
How to Get American Netflix in Australia – Smart DNS
Smart DNS Proxies are a newer solution that only re-routes the parts of traffic that are geo-location aware. So all traffic that is blocked from outside the USA gets routed to the USA. This means that your traffic is not encrypted, and it also means that most of your traffic untouched and keeps working as usual. A few notable mentions about Smart DNS Proxies are below :
- Bandwidth speed is preserved as only a small part of traffic is re-routed
- Setup is really easy even for people not used to computers. Video tutorial and Screenshot guides are available.
- 90 Channels are unblocked and almost all devices are supported. Ex. PC /Mac, Amazon Fire -TV, Kindle, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Wii, Xbox, PlayStation, WDTV, ROKU, Smart-TVs, Apple TV, Blueray -Player
- A few more sample channels are BBC iPlayer, ITV, CBC, Canal Plus, DR.dk, Hulu, Fox, WWE Network, Crunchyroll, Hulu, Vudu all with one configuration.
Unlocator is Smart DNS Proxy I do use, it will probably take you 10 minutes to sign up for a free trial to unblocking American channels.
American Netflix in Australia – How to Get?
To change your Netflix region and get American Netflix in Australia, all you need is a VPN or Smart DNS proxy service that actually still works with Netflix. If you face any issues trying to change your Australian Netflix region to the USA using VPN, please leave a comment below. I’ll do my best to help you out.
Best VPN for American Netflix
Description: There aren't many VPN service providers that still work with Netflix. Using ExpressVPN allows you to unblock US, UK, and even Canadian Netflix from anywhere in the world.
Access Geo-Restricted Content
Visit VPN Provider
Thank You. I appreciate the help
I have an Australia Netflix account that I use on multiple devices and I was wondering if I use a VPN on one of my devices to watch US Netflix if it will have any effect on my account/other devices or not.