Nintendo Wii is a great game console for the whole family. There are certain ways to get the most out of your console. For example, you can watch Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, or BBC iPlayer on your Wii or Wii U
. When it comes to Netflix
, the U.S. version is the most complete because of its huge library. However, if you live outside America, you sadly cannot watch US Netflix because it’s geoblocked. The good news, nonetheless, is that there are two ways which allow you to unblock and watch
U.S. Netflix on your Wii in UK, Germany, France, Spain, Canada, UK, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, Middle East, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Australia, New Zealand, Japan
, or anywhere else you might live. These two solutions are VPN and Smart DNS
Note that by using VPN or Smart DNS you get access to American Netflix plus all other blocked content such as game add-ons or game titles and movies that are exclusive to a region other than the one you live in.
Get U.S. Netflix on Wii or Wii U using VPN
A virtual private network (VPN) is a great and easy way to bypass geographic restrictions. Once you setup your VPN, you will be able to access various channels, content, and websites that are blocked in your country. If you want to watch American Netflix on your Wii console, VPN will help you out. VPN has other advantages:
- VPN provides you with the ultimate protection against intruders such as hackers, ISP, neighbors, agencies, or even the government through data encryption
- VPN hides all your internet activity which allows you to surf the web anonymously
- VPN is unaffected by ISP’s Transparent proxies and DNS hijacking policies
- Since your Wii doesn’t support VPN, you need to make sure that your router is VPN compatible and set up your VPN on the router instead of the Wii console.
If you are searching for a stable VPN provider, try ExpressVPN which has specialized apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, and android devices which makes setup a matter of minutes.
The best VPN services to unblock US Netflix on Wii are as follows.
Last Updated 2 Days Ago
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
- Exclusive 49% Discount!
Watch American Netflix on Wii or Wii using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS unblocks regionally restricted websites and channels. If you want to unlock U.S. Netflix on your Wii console, Smart DNS will help you out. Smart DNS does not change your IP address. Neither does it cloak your internet activity. In exchange, Smart DNS won’t reduce your internet speed. This means that Smart DNS would be the obvious choice to unblock American Netflix if you do not have fast internet.
With Smart DNS you get to:
- Access multiple regions at once. You can watch both UK’s Now TV and U.S. Netflix simultaneously for example.
- Keep your local IP address so that you can still access local services without making additional changes.
- Most devices such as Wii, Xbox, PS3, and PS4, Smart TVs, etc are compatible with Smart DNS. Switch your devices’ DNS IP or that of your router.
- Internet speed is left untouched. This way your streaming is certainly unaffected.
- In some cases. an ISP might implement strategies such as DNS hijacking or Transparent proxies rendering Smart DNS useless.
Make sure you pick a good Smart DNS provider with stablity and good support. I personally do use Unlocator. They do offer a 7-day free trial period, 214 unlocked channels, and got some great videos and tutorials on how to set up your various devices.
The Bottom Line
Both VPN and Smart DNS will allow you to access the American Netflix version on your Wii or Wii U. If all this is new to you and you need additional consultation, please leave a comment below so that we can happily help you out.