Super Bowl LI
is one of the biggest sports events of 2017. It will take place on Sunday, February 5th, 2017. In order to stream Super Bowl 2017 on Kodi, you need to install the right addons. Find instructions on and how to watch NFL Super Bowl LI via Kodi on PC, Mac, Android, or Amazon Fire TV Stick in this help guide.
How to watch Super Bowl LI on Kodi Live?
Best Super Bowl Kodi Addons
The NFL GamePass addon is hands-down the best addon you can use to watch football on Kodi. Before we go into details on how to setup the NFL Kodi addon, please note that you will need a NFL GamePass subscription in order to sign in. The NFL addon offers the International NFL GamePass version which can be accessed outside USA. You can also select NFL Network which offers football replays for residents of the United States. In case you live in USA, you won’t be able to watch live games on International NFL GamePass unless you connect to a VPN server outside USA first. The NFL GamePass addon can be found in the official Kodi repository. Here’s how you can set it all up.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Click on Video Addons and then select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on NFL GamePass -> Install.
- Wait until you see the NFL GamePass Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including NFL GamePass, will appear here.
Alternatively, you could download the official Kodi NFL GamePass add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
How to Watch Super Bowl LI on Kodi – Use VPN
Depending on the region you are living in, some of the Kodi addons listed above might be geoblocked. That means you cannot watch live football games via Kodi due to regional restrictions. In other countries, using these NFL Kodi addons might be illegal. As a result, your ISP might send you a copyright infringement notice directly to your email. Luckily, there is a workaround that allows you to bypass geographic restrictions as well as protect your privacy while using Kodi.
VPN, or virtual private network, basically is a tool that allows you to hide your IP address and encrypt all of your Internet traffic. The biggest two benefits of using VPN are as follows.
- You can use VPN to unblock all geoblocked Kodi addons as well as watch geo-restricted channels like Hulu, HBO GO, Netflix, BT Sport, BeIN Sports, Sky Sport, and NBC Sports abroad.
- Whenever you are using VPN, all your Internet traffic is securely encrypted. That means that neither your IPS nor anyone else can see what you are doing online, whether that is streaming live sports event, watching movies, or downloading torrents.
Now, before you sign up with a VPN provider to watch live Super Bowl 2017 via Kodi, make sure that the VPN provider offers their users unlimited bandwidth and has no data caps. Otherwise, you might suffer from terrible buffering while watching NFL via Kodi addons.
Top VPN to use to Unblock Super Bowl LI Kodi Addons
IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi to watch the NFL live via Kodi.
- They have specially optimized their VPN servers in order to provide faster streaming with Kodi.
- It does not take much time or effort to install a VPN app on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android, but the benefits, both in terms of privacy and location spoofing, are certainly worth it.
The best Kodi VPN providers are as follows.
How to Watch Super Bowl – Wrap Up
If you are serious about your privacy, and want to stay on the safe side, make sure you are using VPN before watching Super Bowl 2017 live via Kodi. Once you connect to a VPN server, your online privacy as well as security will be protected.
*Disclaimer: This article is only intended for educational purposes. We do not in any way condone, promote or encourage, any criminal or illegal activity. Your actions are your responsibility. Please check your local laws regarding torrents and pirated streaming. Kindly note that we do not host any pirated content on this site.