Are you a fan of NCAA College Basketball? If you happen to live outside of the US, you’re out of luck. Sadly, the channels streaming the games are only available inside the US. There is a way to get around that, though. Read on to find out how you can watch the NCAA College Basketball season from anywhere in the world with a VPN.
How to Watch NCAA College Basketball Live Online
NCAA College Basketball Streaming Channels
Here’s a list of all official TV channels that will be broadcasting the NCAA College Basketball 2018/2019 season.
*If you live in the USA, you can use ExpressVPN to bypass College Basketball regional blackouts.
How to Watch NCAA College Basketball Outside the USA with a VPN
Sadly, any American expat or international NCAA fan won’t be able to stream the matches through any of the above channels. This is because, unfortunately, all of the above channels are geo-blocked outside of the US.
The good news is that fans living in Europe, Canada, MENA, or anywhere in the world can use a VPN to unblock these channels easily.
Let me explain.
A VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, is a tool that secures your data through encryptions and provides you with a private connection by re-routing your traffic through its own secure servers. When a VPN re-routes your traffic, it also spoofs your IP address. You end up with a public IP address that matches the location of the server you connected to. In other words, anyone living outside of the US needs to use a VPN and connect to an American VPN server to get a US IP and access the channels streaming the NCAA College Basketball games. Here’s how to do that:
- Sign up with a VPN provider that has servers in the US. I’m using ExpressVPN at the moment.
- Download the app that matches the device you’ll be streaming on. Most top-tier providers will have apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- Launch the VPN and connect to an American server.
- Wait for the connection to establish. Once it does, pick a channel from the list above and enjoy your college basketball!
Best VPN to Watch NCAA College Basketball
Our experts reviewed the best VPN service providers that you can use to watch NCAA College Basketball outside of the USA.
Their top pick went to ExpressVPN. This service provider offers 2000+ servers in over 94 countries, 24/7 access to a 5-star customer support team, and a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test out the service before making a genuine commitment.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
NCAA College Basketball 2018-19 Schedule
The 2018–19 NCAA Division I men’s basketball season is set to start November 6, 2018. The first tournament will be the 2K Sports Classic and the season will end with the Final Four in Minneapolis on April 8, 2019. Here is the NCAA College Basketball schedule for the first week:
Tuesday, Nov. 6:
- Lenoir Rhyne at Tennessee
- South Carolina Upstate at South Carolina
- Michigan State at Kansas
- North Carolina at Wofford
- Eastern Illinois at Texas
- Central Arkansas at Missouri
- Winthrop at Vanderbilt
- Southern at Alabama
- SE Louisiana at LSU
- Florida at Florida State
- South Alabama at Auburn
- Duke vs. Kentucky
- Western Kentucky at Washington
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- Ohio State at Cincinnati
- Savannah State at Texas A&M,
Friday, Nov. 9
- Texas vs. Arkansas
- Stony Brook at South Carolina
- Southern Illinois at Kentucky
- Charleston Southern at Florida
- North Carolina at Elon
- Louisiana at Tennessee
- Austin Peay at Mississippi State
- UNC Greensboro at LSU
- Savannah State at Georgia
- Buffalo at West Virginia
- UC Irvine at Texas A&M
- Washington at Auburn
- Pacific at Nevada
- Yale at California
Saturday, Nov. 10
- Western Michigan at Ole Miss
Sunday, Nov. 11
- Army at Duke
- SE Louisiana at Nebraska
- Hartford at Mississippi State
- Appalachian State at Alabama
Watch NCAA College Basketball live online – Final Thoughts
As an American expat, living abroad comes with its fair share of problems. One of these problems is losing your access to the local content and sports that you’re used to. Luckily, we have tools like VPNs that can help us spoof our IPs and access the content we want abroad.