How to Watch Crave Anywhere (Unblock Outside Canada)
How to watch Crave TV abroad? Crave is a new Canadian VOD streaming service that offers HBO and Showtime content to residents in the Canadian region.
Crave is geoblocked outside Canada. Thus, you cannot watch Crave in the USA, UK, Australia, France, or Germany due to geographic restrictions.
Well, that won’t be a problem anymore. You can bypass these restrictions and unblock Crave TV outside Canada with ease by following the steps in the guide below.
Unblock CraveTV Anywhere – Quick Steps
Time needed: 5 minutes.
To unblock Crave TV outside Canada, here’s what you need to do:
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN service.
We recommend ExpressVPN as it has several servers in Canada.
- Get the VPN application on your device.
You can get the ExpressVPN app on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, as well as Fire Stick.
- Activate the VPN software and sign in.
If ExpressVPN is what you’ve chosen, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
- Connect to a server in Canada.
Expressvpn has around 4 server locations in the Canadian region.
- Launch Crave TV’s website or app.
We’ll teach you how to download the app in a step-by-step guide below.
- Sign in with your Crave account and start streaming.
Watch top Canadian content wherever you are.
CraveTV Abroad – The Full Guide
The steps above are more than enough to get you Crave in your country. However, there’s a lot more to learn, which is why we’ve created this in-depth guide:
What You’ll Need
To unblock Crave outside Canada, you’ll need all of the following:
- A credible VPN.
- Crave subscription.
- Crave-compatible streaming platform.
- Good Internet connection.
Is Crave Available Outside Canada?
While CraveTV allows its customers to stream content from HBO, Showtime, and Starz Movies (All American Channels), the channel itself is only available in Canada.
Just like many channels all over the world, Crave applies what is technically called geo-blocking, a copyright defending mechanism that restricts user access to a certain location.
Crave examines the users’ IP addresses to determine their location. Once it figures out that the traffic is coming from outside its area of coverage, it’ll block your access almost instantly.
This is the geo-location error you’ll be receiving:
“We’re sorry, this content is only available for viewing in Canada. 72”
This is the result anyone trying to access CraveTV from abroad will get. However, if you follow the steps provided above, you’ll be able to unblock the channel wherever you are.
What a VPN Can Do!
Crave is able to locate your location and thus block you from streaming any of its content by looking at your IP address. Thus, changing your IP address to a Canadian one will trick CraveTV to think you are in Canada.
Using VPN enables you to get a Canadian IP address outside Canada. Thus, you can unblock and watch Crave in UK, USA, Australia, France, Italy, or anywhere else abroad.
That’s not all. A VPN is capable of so much more than that, especially when it comes to browsing the internet with complete freedom and safety:
- To set up VPN on your streaming device, download the VPN app and connect to a Canadian VPN server. This will unblock all Canadian streaming channels including Shomi, CraveTV, and Canadian Netflix.
- VPN ensures that your privacy is protected by encrypting all of your traffic.
- You can unblock channels/websites from other regions by connecting to a VPN server located in those countries.
- Because all your traffic is being channeled through a remote VPN server, your Internet speed will drop by approximately 10 to 15%.
Not all VPN providers have VPN servers in Canada. The one I use, ExpressVPN, does have multiple Canadian VPN servers. All of the VPN services listed below will enable you to unblock and watch Crave TV outside Canada.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Create a Crave Account Outside Canada
Now that you have a VPN subscription, this is how you can subscribe to Crave overseas:
- First, head over to crave.ca
- On the top right of the screen, click on Subscribe.
- You can either choose to sign in using your provider or sign up through Crave.
- Now, if you don’t have a cable subscription that includes Crave, click on Start Watching Now.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Choose the preferred plan.
- Add a payment subscription and checkout.
- You now have a Crave account.
How to Install Crave on Any Device Outside Canda
The Crave app is available on almost any streaming platform out there. Don’t know how to get while abroad? The following is all you need: (We’re assuming that you already have both a VPN and a CraveTV subscription)
If you happen to be using an Android device, be it a mobile, tablet, or a TV that belongs to the Sony, Nvidia Shield, or Xiaomi families, you have to do the following in order to get Crave:
- First, download and install the VPN app on your Android device.
- Sign in with your account and connect to a Canadian server.
- Switch your Google Play region to Canada and download the Crave app.
- Launch Crave TV and sign in with your account.
- Start watching one of the best channels in Canada anywhere.
iOS’s method doesn’t differ much from that of Android. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the VPN app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in.
- Connect to a Canadian server.
- Change your Apple Store’s region to Canada and get Crave.
- Launch Crave TV and log in.
- Start streaming.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, the following steps are required:
- Set up the VPN (Canadian server) on your router or configure Smart DNS on your TV.
- Change your TV’s region to Canada and get the Crave app.
- Launch Crave, sign in, and stream away.
On Apple TV, Crave can be obtained if you do the following:
- Set up a VPN connection on your router or configure Smart DNS on Apple TV.
- Switch the Apple TV region to Canada and download the Crave app.
- Launch Crave TV and sign in.
- Enjoy HBO, Showtime, and Starz all in one place.
If you use your PlayStation or Xbox as streaming hubs, this is what you need to:
- First, install the VPN on your router. You can also set up Smart DNS on PlayStation or Xbox.
- Change your console’s region to Canada and get the Crave app.
- Launch Crave, log in, and start streaming.
If you’re using Chromecast, it’s practically impossible to get the Crave app while abroad. Therefore, you must follow the steps below:
- Set up the VPN on your router or configure Smart DNS on it.
- Download the Crave app on your iOS or Android mobile.
- Install Crave and sign in with your account.
- Launch your desired video and hit Cast.
- Watch Crave on your TV through Chromecast.
On PC or Mac, this is what’s required:
- Download the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a Canadian server.
- Head over to crave.tv
- Sign in with your account.
- Watch Crave wherever you are.
On Roku devices, the following is required:
- Set up the VPN or configure Smart DNS on your router.
- Change your Roku’s region to Canada and download Crave.
- Sign in with your account and start watching.
On FireTV, things are a bit easier. Here’s what you have to do:
- Download the VPN app on FireStick.
- Change your Amazon Account to Canada and download Crave.
- You can also sideload Crave to your FireStick.
- Launch Crave, sign in, and watch your favorite shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
In case you have more questions, the following section will shed some light on the matter:
Is Crave Free?
No. The service is subscription-based and requires a specific fee. However, with a TV subscription, you can get Crave as part of the package, depending on your bundle.
Moreover, Crave offers a 7-day free trial. That’ll give you enough time to see how effective it is when it comes to premium content.
What Devices Support Crave?
You can stream Crave TV on the following platforms:
- Samsung Smart TV.
- Apple TV.
- Xbox One.
- Windows Phone.
- Fire Stick.
What Can I Watch on Crave?
Crave offers content from 3 major US channels (HBO, Starz, and Showtime). Here are some of the titles:
- Ray Donovan
- Sex and the City
- South Park
- The Affair
- 30 Rock
- Master Chef Canada
- Deadliest Catch
- Doctor Who
How Much Does Crave Cost?
Crave subscriptions start at $9.99 a month. However, that excludes HBO or Showtime. To add HBO, you must shell out a total of $19.98 a month, or get both Starz and HBO for $25.97.
Can I Cancel my Crave Subscription after the Free Trial?
Yes. You can cancel your subscription at any time. (No questions asked).
How to Unblock and Watch CraveTV outside Canada
Now you know how to unblock and watch Crave TV outside Canada. The channel is worth the trouble as it offers more than 550 TV shows from premium channels.
If you stumble upon any issues while unblocking Crave abroad, don’t hesitate to contact us in the comment section below.
We stay in Mexico, for 5 months of the year, for the past 8 years. As of last January, Netflix can detect any VPN, and we are only allowed to watch Netflix Mexico.