Did you know that the apps you get on your Samsung Smart TV vary from one region to another? That’s right. There are literally thousands of apps you can install on your Smart TV using the instructions we laid out below.
Depending on your Samsung Smart TV series, you can switch your Smart Hub region to the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, India, and more. As a result, you can access apps not available in your country.
Learn how to easily switch your Samsung Smart TV/Hub region to any country in the world regardless of which Samsung TV series you own. The tutorial also works in case you’re using a Samsung Smart TV One Remote.
Changing Samsung Smart TV’s Region – Legacy Guide
You can use the quick guide above for newer Samsung Smart TV models. In case you own an older version (pre-2018), those instructions might not work for you.
The following walkthroughs are intended for Sammy owners who still operate Orsay OS on their TVs:
How to Determine Samsung Smart TV’s Model Code
To determine whether you own an H-series or F-series Samsung Smart TV, click on ‘Menu’ on your remote control. Then go to Support –> Contact Samsung. Check the Model Code.
If you see an H after the first four characters, you own an H-series Samsung Smart TV. If you see an F after the first four characters, you own an F-series Samsung Smart TV.
For H-Series Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps to change your Smart Hub region to the US, UK, France.
- Click on the “Menu” button on your Samsung remote control.
- Go to “Smart Hub”.
- Select “Reset Smart Hub”. Enter PIN if prompted.
- Choose your network.
- When the Terms & Conditions screen appears, click the following buttons on your remote control: », 2, 8, 9, «
- A list of all supported countries on your Samsung Smart TV will show up. Choose the region you wish to change your Samsung Smart TV hub to. (US, UK, France, Brazil, Germany, Australia..)
- Agree to Samsung’s Terms.
- Continue the setup process. When the Smart Hub finishes loading, all the new apps will appear.
If you own an F Series Samsung Smart TV, the steps needed to change your Smart Hub region differ a little.
- Choose TV as the source.
- Select Menu on the remote control.
- Click on System.
- Tap on Setup.
- Continue the setup.
- When you get to the Smart Hub Terms & Conditions page, press the following buttons on your remote control: Mute, Return, Volume Up, Channel Up, Return.
- Pick your new Samsung Smart TV region. (US, UK, France, etc.)
- Finalize the Setup with the required steps.
In order to change the K Series Samsung Smart TV region, follow these steps.
- Choose TV as a source.
- Click Menu on the remote control.
- Select System.
- Tap on Setup.
- Continue the setup.
- When you get to the Smart Hub Terms & Conditions page, press the following buttons on your remote control: Mute, Volume Up, Channel Up, Mute, or press forward, 2, 8, 9, rewind
- Select your new Samsung Smart TV region.
- Follow the required steps and you’re done.
For Samsung models JU or JS, use the steps listed for F-Series. When you get to the Smart Hub TOS page, press the following combination: Mute+Return+Volume(+)+Channel(↑)+Mute.
How to Unblock Geo-restricted Channels on Samsung Smart TV
Although you have successfully installed apps from different regions on your TV, most content in these streaming services is blocked due to regional restrictions.
Luckily, there’s an easy workaround you can implement to bypass these limitations. There are two ways to do so – Smart DNS and VPNs.
We’ll focus on Smart DNS proxies as you can directly configure them on your TV console, whereas a VPN needs to be set up on your router in this case.
Messing around with the router’s settings might seem a bit intimidating and there’s no need for it, thanks to Smart DNS. All you have to is sign up with a Smart DNS service such as ExpressVPN, and follow the steps below:
- Press the Home or Menu button depending on the Samsung remote you’re using.
- Head over to General.
- Select Network.
- Now, choose Network Status.
- From the Network Status Menu, click on IP Settings.
- Scroll down to DNS Settings.
- Switch your DNS Settings to ‘Enter Manually.’
- Scroll down to ‘DNS server’.
- Enter the DNS server address provided by your Smart DNS service.
- Press ‘OK.’
- Wait for the Internet Check to complete.
- Restart your device and you’re done.
Best Smart DNS Services for Samsung Smart TV
Despite being one of the best in the industry, ExpressVPN isn’t the only provider worth trying on your Samsung Smart TV.
In fact, there are other top recommendations such as BulletVPN, Unlocator, and NordVPN. All of these providers offer Smart DNS proxies, along with VPN services.
However, Unlocator is the only one that offers a 7-day free trial, followed by BulletVPN with 1 day. This gives you enough time to try the services out before opting for any plan.
Still, if you want to unblock and watch geo-blocked apps, these top-recommended Samsung Smart TV VPNs will get the job done seamlessly.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
The FAQ Section
We think we’ve answered all of your questions in the guide above. However, there are also some things we should shed some light on as it still confuses Sammy owners.
Can I Use My Samsung Smart TV Abroad?
Of course, you can. Whatever region you go to and decide to take your Smart TV with you, it’ll be fully operational.
If I Change My TV’s Region, Will I also be Changing that of Netflix?
No. You’ll only be getting access to more apps from other countries. When it comes to changing Netflix’s region, you’ll have to use either a VPN or Smart DNS.
What is the 4-digit Code for Samsung Smart TV?
Unless you’ve changed the code manually, the default 4-digit pin of your TV should be 0000.
How Do I Reset My Samsung Smart TV Region?
In order to revert back to your previous settings, use the same procedures explained above.
Will I Lose Access to My Previously Installed Apps if I Change My Region?
Yes, you will. Due to the fact that you’re factory resetting your device, old previous configurations will be lost.
Can I Install Apps from Two Different Regions Simultaneously?
You can only have apps from one region at a time. This means you cannot load the US Hulu app with the UK BBC iPlayer app at the same time.
Can I Change Samsung TV Region if I Own One Connect Box?
The answer to that is definitely yes.
How to Change Samsung Smart TV Region to US/UK
Changing your Samsung Smart TV region is definitely worth the effort. With a few clicks here and there, you’ll unlock your TV’s full potential.
The steps are presented above, along with how you can unblock your newly obtained services in your country. If you have more questions, kindly drop them in the comment section below.