How to watch Norwegian TV (norsk tv) outside Norway? So you’re in Germany, and you can’t watch Scam or Occupied? Well, guess what, fans of Norwegian TV in France, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, US, UK, Canada, and Australia can’t either. Channels like NRK1 and Kanal Norge, are geo-restricted for those who are located outside of Norway. Does this mean that Norwegian expats can’t watch their favorite series or movies if they so happen to be abroad? Luckily, no. People who enjoy Norwegian TV all over the world can still access all channels with the use of either a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy. These two methods operate on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Apple TV, FireStick to unblock whatever restrictions are on them. Read on to learn how.
How to Watch Norwegian TV abroad
How to Watch Norwegian TV with a VPN
Your IP address kind of limits your TV watching. You are only allowed to watch the channels that are available in your area based on your IP address. So, if you want the luxury of watching all kinds of TV channels from all parts of the world, you’re going to have to change your IP address. You can hide, mask, or change your IP address by connecting to a server of the country of your choice, more specifically where your favorite channels are based. Now, you have an IP address that signals the location of your choosing, which in turn enables you to access all content available in this country. Setting up a VPN is a simple process that begins with the following steps:
- Sign up for a VPN service provider (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Next, download and install the VPN app.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in Norway.
- You are now provided with a Norwegian IP address.
- With a Norwegian IP address, you can unblock all Norwegian channels anywhere overseas.
If you want to watch Norwegian TV abroad, we recommend using ExpressVPN. It is user-friendly, reliable, and has great reconnecting features. ExpressVPN’s 30-day refund policy is also quite tempting, and its services are totally worth its cost. If you’re interested in broadening your horizons about VPN service providers, make sure to check out the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
Best Norwegian TV Channel
- Netflix Norway
- MTV Nordic
- Rikstoto Direkte
- TV Norge
- TV2TV 2Note
How to Watch Norwegian TV with Smart DNS proxy
Trying yo stream Norwegian TV abroad? Well, good luck trying to get past this annoying message “NRK har ikkerettigheter til å vise detteprogrammetutenfor Norge.” Now what? If a VPN doesn’t work, there’s no need to worry because a Smart DNS proxy offers you the same results but through different procedures. Your traffic will be redirected through a dedicated proxy server which is conveniently located in the country where the website you are trying to access is based. Here’s what you need to know when setting up a Smart DNS proxy in order to stream geo-blocked channels on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, PS4, Xbox.
- All streaming devices work with a Smart DNS.
- Using a smart DNS proxy has no effect on Internet speed.
- You get to unlock channels from different regions using one Smart DNS setup.
- DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies might stop Smart DNS from working properly.
Unlocator is by far the best Smart DNS that guarantees bypassing geo restrictions and allows a 7-day free trial. It also provides its customers with tutorial videos necessary for its setup and configuration.
Watch Norwegian TV abroad
Watching Norwegian TV abroad has never been so simple. Gain access to the best of Norwegian TV with your very own virtual private network or smart DNS proxy. Both allow you to watch live TV, series, news, movies, sports events, and more from these countries anywhere in the world via your internet connection. Don’t even give it a second thought, and go ahead and get yourselves a VPN.