has become hugely popular, it is only available in a number of selected countries around the world. Austria will soon have its own version of Netflix, too. But what if you don’t have the patience to wait till then? Or what if you want to watch the extraordinary American version of Netflix instead? There are two ways which allow you to bypass geographic restrictions. Using either VPN or Smart DNS, you can watch US Netflix in Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Ireland, Australia
. Why settle for little when you can have much more? The following article
the benefits of VPN and Smart DNS proxies.
How to watch American Netflix in Austria using VPN or Smart DNS Proxies
How to watch American Netflix in Austria using VPN
By rechanneling all your internet connection, VPN allows you to spoof your location and change your virtual country. If you select an American server, all US streaming sites (US Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Crackle, Amazon Instant Video, etc.) become unlocked. VPN has further advantages.
- VPN performs complete traffic encryption. So your network traffic is protected against all sorts of online peeking.
- VPN allows you to go online anonymously. Websites will lose the capability to track you.
- VPN works without hustle even if your ISP uses transparent proxies or DNS hijacking.
- VPN is relatively easy to set up. Just create an account, sign in, and follow the instructions.
It should be noted that a VPN is not compatible with some devices. In such circumstances, you need to make sure your router is VPN enabled and install VPN on it instead of the device itself.
ExpressVPN is one of the oldest VPN providers out there. Express VPN has around 300 servers around the globe, around the hour support, and apps for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to access US Netflix in Australia using Smart DNS proxies
Smart DNS proxies work differently than VPN. They don’t redirect all your traffic. Only a small portion of your connection is re-routed. Nonetheless, Smart DNS proxies also grant you the ability to bypass geographic restrictions. Smart DNS proxies have some important advantages.
- Using Smart DNS proxies, you don’t need to make changes to your Smart DNS setup each time you want to watch content from a new/different region. Therefore, you can stream American Netflix and UK’s Now TV at the same time.
- Smart DNS proxies don’t eat up your internet speed. Maintain a constant level of streaming capability.
- Smart DNS works on all devices. This includes PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Xbox, PS3/4, Wii, Smart TV, Blu-ray players, and many more.
- Although Smart DNS gives you access to geoblocked services abroad, it does not change your local IP address. This is crucial if you want to keep accessing local websites.
Smart DNS has one disadvantage. In the event that an ISP deploys DNS hijacking or transparent proxies, Smart DNS won’t work.
The number of unblocked channels available is what sets a good Smart DNS provider apart. Unlocator, for example, provides DNS codes that unlock around 120 streaming channels and websites. Additionally, Unlocator provides videos and guidelines to ease you through the whole setup process. They do have a free 7 days trial as well.
Netflix Supported Devices
Netflix is available on almost all kinds of streaming devices now.
- Xbox 360/Xbox One
- Wii/Wii U
- PS3/PS4/PS Vita
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Smart TV
- Blu-ray Players
- DVD Players
American Netflix for everyone
In conclusion, both VPN and Smart DNS can be considered viable solutions to access geoblocked content such as US Netflix. Which one you choose depends solely on your preferences. Please do leave a comment if there’s anything else you’d like to gain more info about.