Watch ABC News Live Outside USA
Many US expats want to watch ABC News outside US. However, most do not know what needs to be done to bypass regional restrictions. Those who try are often discouraged by error messages that pop up, informing them that their current region is not supported. To watch geo-restrictive channels such as ABC News outside USA, you need to spoof your location online in France, Canada, Australia, Germany, Spain or UK. Doing so requires you to implement either one of two solutions; a VPN or a Smart DNS Proxy.
How to Unblock ABC News outside the US via VPN
Since ABC News is a widely popular news broadcaster, most viewers would like to keep track of the latest news events even when outside the US. A Virtual Private Network allows a user to do that by spoofing their location and changing a user’s IP address to an American one. Some of the details you should know about VPN include:
- VPN guarantees your privacy when using the Internet. Your Internet traffic is encrypted and your private information kept away from malicious spammers and hackers.
- While using VPN, you remain anonymous to the sites and channels you choose to visit or stream from.
- Your ISP is unable to affect your Internet use with policies such as transparent proxies or DNS hijacking.
- You can install VPN applications on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
ExpressVPN is one provider that allows you to watch ABC News outside USA. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. Other VPN services you can use to unblock American channels abroad are listed below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Streaming ABC News via Smart DNS Proxy Alternative
Smart DNS is another reliable solution you can use to watch ABC News outside the US. The functioning behind this method is also quite straight-forward in that the URLs that reveal your location are re-routed, making it difficult for the sites you want to access to determine where you’re streaming from.
- Smart DNS unblocks geo-restricted channels without changing your IP address. This is good because you will still retain access to your local channels.
- Smart DNS is compatible to a host of streaming devices. Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Smart TV, Xbox, PS4, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android are all supported.
- Your Internet traffic remains exposed to your ISP since it is not encrypted.
- Smart DNS does not compromise your current Internet speed.
To unblock ABC News outside US using Smart DNS, go to Unlocator. They offer a free 7-day trial period for new users who would like to test out their service. This means you can unblock any channel of the 220 channels Unlocator supports for 7 days. Videos, screenshots, and setup tutorials for all supported devices are also available.
ABC News Supported Streaming Devices
- Apple TV
- Xbox 360
- Amazon Fire TV
Streaming ABC News Outside the US – Final Thoughts
When searching for a method to stream geo-blocked channels outside the US, it’s always important to identify a credible as well as safe VPN or Smart DNS provider. Free VPN or proxies will most probably not allow you to watch ABC News abroad.