Netflix has launched in new countries including Korea, South Africa, Russia, and India. While the Netflix Korea catalog is impressive is is nothing compared to Netflix USA which includes more movies and TV shows. Even some Netflix originals are currently not available to stream in Netflix Korea. Luckily, you can use VPN or Smart DNS proxy to bypass regional restrictions and change Netflix region to USA. Either method allows you to unblock and watch American Netflix in Korea. The same process allows Korean expats to unblock Netflix Korea abroad as well.
How to Unblock American Netflix in Korea using VPN
While Netflix is now available in almost every country around the globe, the content you can watch in each Netflix region differs greatly. The best Netflix region of all is Netflix USA. Using VPN, you can switch your Netflix country to USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, etc. Using VPN, you can change your virtual location i.e. trick Netflix into thinking your are in the USA. Thus, unblock and and watch American Netflix in Korea.
- With VPN, you can unblock all geoblocked America channels. Watch US Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Showtime, Amazon Prime, Crackle in Korea.
- If you own a PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, or iPad, you can download a VPN app/client. This facilitates the VPN installation process. Launch the VPN app and then connect to a US VPN server to unblock American Netflix abroad.
- VPN also protects your online privacy and security by encrypting your traffic.
- Keep in mind that your Internet speed will decrease by around 10 % due to the fact your traffic needs to be channeled via a VPN server.
There are plenty of VPN providers to choose from in order to watch US Netflix in Korea. I’d highly recommend using ExpressVPN for two reasons. First, they have many US VPN servers, and second they provide 24/7 support which is very important. Of course, you can use these VPN providers too to unblock American Netflix outside USA.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- 7-day free trial
- User-friendly application
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to Change Netflix Region to USA in Korea with Smart DNS Proxy
Alternatively, you can use Smart DNS to bypass regional restrictions and watch geo-restricted channels such as US Netflix in South Korea. With Smart DNS, you do not need to change your configuration each time you wish to switch to a different Netflix region.
- Get your free Unlocator account. Signing up with Unlocator is free and does not require a credit card.
- Setup Unlocator on your streaming device. Unlocator supports Smart TV, Xbox, PS3, PS4, Android, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, Roku, iPad, iPhone, PC, and Mac among other devices.
- Log into your Unlocator account and then got to ‘Region Settings’. Here you will be able to choose from more than 28 different Netflix regions including USA, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Spain. Select ‘Update Location’ and you are good to go.
- It is important to state that some Korean Internet Service Providers use DNS hijacking or transparent proxies which break Smart DNS.
- Smart DNS only redirects a small portion of your Internet traffic. Thus, your Internet speed stays unchanged.
In addition to Netflix, Unlocator supports unblocking approximately 210 global streaming websites. As already stated, you can sign up with Unlocator for a free 7-day trial, no strings attached.
Unblock & Watch American Netflix in Korea – Use VPN or Smart DNS Proxy?
Which solution you choose to watch US Netflix in Korea largely depends on the streaming device you wish to watch American Netflix on. VPN is more suited to devices like Android while Smart DNS is the better choice if you own a Smart TV for example. In either case, VPN and Smart DNS will allow you to change Netflix region to USA in Korea.