While most of the people are obsessed with Netflix and Hulu many people in India get their dosage of entertainment from the streaming service Hotstar. Indians in New Zealand will want to know how they can stream Hotstar in New Zealand, and all they need is a VPN.
How to Watch Hotstar in New Zealand
How to Get Hotstar in NZ
Getting around the Hotstar’s geo-block is not that hard. All you need is a VPN, and you could be streaming Hotstar in New Zealand at any time. With a VPN, Indians in New Zealand can watch all the latest movies on Hotstar without any geo-restrictions. A VPN, virtual private network, creates a digital tunnel through which your device accesses the Internet.
How to Unblock Hotstar in New Zealand Using a VPN
A VPN connects your device to one of its servers located in a country of your choice. It reroutes your connection through the server you selected so that you’ll appear to be using the IP of that server. Not only will this grant you a new IP, but it will also give you online anonymity and freedom. Here’s how you use a VPN to unblock Hotstar in New Zealand and bypass the “The content is currently unavailable in your region” error.
- The first thing you need to do is sign up for a VPN service.
- Next, you create a VPN account.
- Download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to stream Hotstar on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in India.
- After you connect to an Indian server, you’ll be provided with a temporary Indian IP address that makes it look like you’re located in India.
- Now that you have an Indian IP, you can easily access Hotstar in New Zealand.
ExpressVPN has a lot going for it, including an excellent range of servers and impressive security features. It is capable of unblocking all major streaming services including Netflix and Hulu. ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs to unblock Hotstar abroad. However, if ExpressVPN is too pricey, you can always check out the other service providers in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
VPNs were developed because people need security and privacy. However, aside from creating a private digital tunnel, a VPN has other benefits. What’s stopping you from watching Hotstar or any channel from a different country are geo-restrictions. But these restrictions don’t stand a chance with a VPN’s services. If you thought that bypassing geo restrictions is the best thing a VPN can pull off, then you thought wrong. Here are some of what a VPN has to offer:
- Get a new and temporary IP address.
- Download and share files safely.
- Get around blocks and other forms of censorship.
- Appear to be using the Internet from another country.
- Hide browsing activity from local networks and ISPs.
- Use public WiFi hotspots safely and securely.
- Save users’ money with border-related purchases.
Watch Hotstar in New Zealand
Although Netflix and other streaming services offer some Indian content, nothing beats Hotstar. In fact, it is the go-to resource for fans of Indian cinema and sports. It doesn’t matter if you live in New Zealand because you can easily access Hotstar there as if you are a local Indian.