So you’re here looking for the best VPNs for Colombia where Internet freedom exists, why? Despite the degree of freedom that Colombians are granted, they still look for ways to escape online surveillance, harsh penalties, and privacy violations. Even though Internet access in Colombia is considered to be free with a 58% Internet penetration, privacy and data protection are not quite well maintained. The government’s somewhat illegal surveillance activities have caused worry among Colombians who fear that their online traffic and personal information are not safe. The unsettling Internet situation has stirred up the urgent need for a VPN that would provide protection for the users’ data. Read on to find out what are the best VPNs for Colombia.
Best VPN for Colombia
The Need for VPN in Colombia?
Colombian Internet users enjoy to a great extent online freedom. They can access and share content online freely, the only thing they have to worry about is government surveillance and the occasional minimal blocking. With that being said, let’s explore the reasons that drive users in Colombia to get a VPN.
- Colombian companies are not required to notify customers of any decisions regarding surveillance.
- Colombia’s laws do not force the state to report the number of surveillance requests made yearly.
- ISPs in Colombia are required to collect and store records containing the online location and subscriber information about their users for five years.
- Users’ data is required to be made available to the prosecutor or “any competent authority.”
- Access geo-restricted content
All of those reasons just go to show how important it is to have a VPN in Colombia. Any user browsing the Internet in Colombia can leave their worries behind by connecting their devices to a VPN server. Using a VPN helps you avoid government surveillance and other potential violations of privacy.
Also, a VPN can make it look like the user’s internet connection is coming from a location different than his/her actual one. This spoofing of location grants users accesses to content that might normally be blocked in their own country.
Additionally, a VPN protects users’ internet connection from being monitored by third parties by encasing it in a layer of encryption. Meaning, nobody, not even the government can spy on its users’ online traffic. And if that wasn’t enough, that same VPN connection allows users to visit any website, channel, or service without having to worry about being detected.
Best VPN for Colombia
Clearly, there’s a great need for a VPN within the Colombian borders. Why should any Internet user risk his/her privacy and security when a VPN can protect and maintain both.
When looking for a VPN, you need to make sure it includes all the necessary features that will optimize your VPN experience. Connection speed, privacy protection, and global server coverage are all important qualities you must bear in mind. Now, if you’re having a hard time trying to decide on which VPN is best for your data protection in Colombia, I compiled a list of the top five services in the industry to help you make up your mind.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
Whenever someone asks me which VPN service do I find best, My immediate answer is ExpressVPN. I’ve tried a number of providers over the years, and many of them were very good. But the one that outshined them all was ExpressVPN. This brand covered all the bases from speed, security, and safety to a large server network and bypassing online restrictions.
That did not surprise me one bit actually because if you take a look at all the features on offer, you’d know what I’m talking about. The company has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, so just imagine all the geographic restrictions you’ll be able to unblock. Also, no one can monitor your internet activities thanks to strong encryption protocols as well as a strict no-logging policy.
- Excellent speed.
- Customer support service available 24/7 via live chat.
- AES 256-bit encryption.
- Works perfectly with Netflix.
- Allows torrenting and P2P sharing.
- Five simultaneous device connections under one account.
- Kill switch and DNS leak protection.
- 30-day refund guarantee.
Read the full verdict in the ExpressVPN review.
BulletVPN is another reputable service with top features, but its main focus is of course speed. It is a very solid choice if you’re into streaming because you won’t encounter buffering issues as all servers offer ‘blazing speed rates.’
Furthermore, you can install the app on all the major platforms like iOS, Android, FireStick, PC, and Mac. And just like ExpressVPN, you get one month to test out the service thanks to a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Military-grade encryptions (AES 256-bit).
- 154 servers in 55 countries.
- Free Smart DNS proxy service.
- Very fast speeds.
- Kill switch.
- Zero-logs policy.
- Around-the-clock customer service support team.
- Double VPN not available.
Check out the full BulletVPN review for more information.
If BulletVPN’s main focus is speed, then security and privacy are NordVPN‘s strongest features. In addition to AES 256-bit and 2048-bit SSL encryptions, the company offers a double VPN feature that encrypts your internet traffic twice.
However, keep in mind that despite a large server network, NordVPN does not have servers in Colombia, which means that it’s not an ideal choice if you’re looking to get a Colombian IP address. But for those who reside inside the country and want to protect their data or bypass geo-restrictions, this is still a good choice.
- 5,000 servers in more than 59 countries.
- Six device connections at the same time.
- Free SmartPlay service (Smart DNS Proxy).
- Double VPN.
- 30-day refund guarantee.
- DNS leak protection and kill switch.
- Easy-to-use apps.
- Some servers are too slow.
Know more about NordVPN here.
Top VPNs in Colombia
While Colombia welcomes the advancement of technology, its privacy laws still lag behind. Citizens, expats or tourists visiting the country, are highly advised to use a VPN like ExpressVPN to ensure online safety. Now whether you are worried about your online security or you’re simply looking for a way to just access geo-restricted content, a VPN is all you’ll need.
Which VPN do you think works best in Colombia? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Best VPN for Colombia
Description: When it comes to best VPNs for Colombia, ExpressVPN is right at the top. This VPN's applications work flawlessly both in Colombia and abroad.
Access Geo-Restricted Content