Planning a trip to the beautiful island of Jamaica? Well, brace yourself for a heck of a good time. From endless white sandy beaches to marvelous landscapes of lush green mountains, this Caribbean paradise will leave you in awe. However, despite all the beautiful scenery, you can’t go for weeks, days, or even hours without going online. Therefore, you might want to get a VPN before your plane takes off because you’ll find access to certain websites to be off limits. I learned that the hard way during my time there as I tried to access my local bank account, but to no success. Fortunately, I was able to install a VPN on my smartphone and I instantly regained my internet freedom. But not all VPNs offer premium services, which is why you have to get the best VPN for Jamaica.
Best VPN for Jamaica
Why Do I Need a VPN in Jamaica?
The gorgeous Island of Jamaica has very free internet. To date, there are no reports on the government censoring the Jamaican internet or monitoring the online activities of the residents of the Island. That being said, Jamaica is a touristic destination. In other words, public WiFi hotspots are rampant. If you’re on a trip to Jamaica and need to use the public WiFi on offer in a cafe or in your hotel, you need a VPN to help you keep your connection secure.
Another reason why you’d need a virtual private network in Jamaica is to access geo-blocked content. The truth is that leaving your home country means you leave your public IP address behind too. Without your local IP address, you won’t be able to access the local content you’re used to. A VPN can conceal your IP address and grant you access to the content you’re missing out on.
So to sum it up you’ll need a VPN to protect yourself from any hacks or attacks and to get access to geo-blocked content without any hassle.
Best VPN for Jamaica
Congratulations! You now know the importance of a VPN in Jamaica or anywhere else as a matter of fact. But before I move on to which providers you should consider, let me show you how to install a VPN app on your device.
- Register to a solid and reputable virtual private network. You can check out the recommendation list below.
- After you create an account, you need to install the VPN app on your device. You can download it straight from your provider’s website or you can head on to the app store and get it from there.
- Once the installation process is complete, click open to launch the service.
- Then, connect to a server of your choice.
- When the connection is established, you’ll be able to surf the web anonymously and access any restricted content you’d like.
Now that we’ve covered these points, let’s move on to our top 4 VPN picks:
Last Updated Yesterday
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Best VPN – ExpressVPN
If you take a look at the above table, you’ll notice that ExpressVPN sits on the VPN throne. That is due to the brilliant features on offer. I’ve been using this brand for quite a while now and although it costs a bit more than the other providers on this list, it’s worth it.
For one, the company has more than 3,000 servers spread across 94 countries, making it one of the biggest networks in the industry. You can switch to any server you want and unblock regional restrictions in a jiffy. Furthermore, you’ll benefit from excellent speed rates no matter which server you use, which is perfect for streaming HD videos and live shows.
Also, this service cares about your privacy and security so much that it goes all out when it comes to this issue. That means you’ll get military-grade encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, not to mention a zero-log policy.
- 3,000+ servers in more than 90 countries.
- P2P file sharing and torrent support.
- Strict zero-logging policy.
- Five-star customer service support via 24/7 live chat.
- Smart DNS proxy service for free
- AES 256-bit encryption and top-of-the-line VPN protocols.
- 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
Best VPN – IPVanish
If you’re somewhat of an experienced VPN user, then you’ve probably heard of IPVanish. It is one of the most popular and trustworthy brands in the market, which means you should definitely take it into consideration when choosing your service.
Just like ExpressVPN, IPVanish’s servers are very fast and secured, and it allows you to connect up to 10 devices using just one account. And if you have a Kodi device, don’t think twice. This service is optimized for Kodi, which makes it a must-have.
- A kill switch in case your VPN connection is cut.
- 10 simultaneous connections under just one account.
- More than 1,000 servers across locations in 60 countries.
- Unlimited torrenting and P2P allowance.
- Very fast server speeds.
- No Netflix compatibility.
- Only a 7-day refund period.
Read the IPVanish review for more information.
Best VPN – NordVPN
If you’re someone who is very concerned about privacy, then NordVPN should scratch your itch. In addition to all the security features that the other VPN providers on this list offer, NordVPN uses a little something called “double VPN.” This means your traffic gets encrypted TWICE for extra safety.
The company also has a wide server network, as well as some very user-friendly apps in case you’re a VPN beginner.
- 2048-bit SSL encryptions.
- More than 4,500 servers in 60+ countries.
- Double VPN.
- DNS leak protection to protect your privacy from ISPs in case of any issues.
- Customer support service available 24/7 via live chat.
- A kill switch.
- A free Smart DNS feature.
- 30-day money back policy.
- You might find a couple of servers to be slow.
For the full verdict, read the NordVPN review.
Best VPN – BulletVPN
This is somewhat of a new service in the VPN scene, so in case you haven’t heard of BulletVPN yet, you should certainly take notice. Despite a small server network, this brand got some pretty decent scores when I tested out, especially when it came to speed. That didn’t surprise me, to be honest, because you sort of guess it from the name (fast as a Bullet).
But it’s not just the speed that’s impressive, it’s the top privacy and security features as well, in addition to customer support.
- A kill switch for added security.
- Latest VPN protocols.
- Military-grade encryptions.
- 24/7 customer support via live chat.
- Free Smart DNS proxy feature.
- 30-day refund policy.
- Blazing fast speeds.
- Small server network (52 servers in 30 countries).
For the full list of pros and cons, go to the BulletVPN review.
Best VPN for Jamaica – Final Thoughts
I know that using the internet is inevitable no matter where you are. That is why I hope these top VPN picks will help you when you visit Jamaica. But don’t spend too many hours looking at your screen. Take full advantage of your time there and enjoy the scenery.
Did you use another VPN service in Jamaica that was helpful and efficient? Tell us more in the comment box below.
Best VPN for Jamaica
Description: The most reliable VPN for security, privacy, and access to geo-blocked sites.
Security & Privacy