How to fix PUBG lag? Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds is one of the most popular and most demanded games of the year for turning the last person standing concept into something special and interesting. With that being said, a lot of expectations about the game’s performance hang in the balance. The killing begins right from the get-go, and you wouldn’t want anything to slow down your momentum and killing streak, especially not an out of nowhere pause. A slow computer response can cost you the game, and that’s a problem gamers constantly struggle with. Yes, you guessed it, it’s the horrendous LAG! Every player’s nightmare. No matter how awesome the game is, there’s always going to be lagging issues. Games like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds require smooth and a glitch-free gameplay to qualify as enjoyable. So here are a few fixes that will help you get rid of that annoying PUBG lag.
How to Fix PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds
What Is Lagging?
Lagging is that noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server in a video game. This is either caused by a slow Internet connection or a slow computer/device. In multi-player games such as PUBG, there’s a high level of traffic due to the consumption of bandwidth by thousands of users at the same time. So when traffic is heavier than the network capacity, the network takes time before sending or receiving data.
Why Need a VPN for PUBG?
As players try to outsmart each other in a deadly game of cat and mouse, a lag can easily ruin their plotting schemes. The new PC update might have introduced a lot of PUBG stuttering, lagging, and frame drops making thousands of gamers furious. While they have every right to be dissatisfied, they can still manage a smooth gaming experience if they install a VPN. The reasons why you would need a VPN for PUBG are numerous, starting off with granting you access to play the game in the first place. Due to geo-restrictions, many gamers around the world cannot access the game, and a VPN enables them to do so. By connecting to one of the VPN’s high-speed servers, you’ll be able to play PUBG from anywhere in the world. Things only get better from here as a VPN also reduces the latency most gamers experience while playing video games. And just for that, you’ll need an optimized VPN that will:
- Reduce latency and lag.
- Grant access to geo-restricted games.
- Ensure security and anonymity.
- Play on a high-speed network.
- Buy new gaming titles early from other regions.
- Bypass ISP throttling.
- Improve ping.
- Connect to different server locations.
How to Reduce Ping in PUBG?
The process of minimizing lag in PUBG involves two stages. First of all, you need to determine your current ping in relation to the PUBG servers. To do so, follow these steps:
- First, head over to this website.
- From the list of servers, only choose the server that is closest to your actual location.
- Once that is done, click on the ‘Ping’ button.
- You will get a result in milliseconds. Note it down.
Now that you know your PUBG ping times, it’s time to reduce them. Here’s what you need to do.
- Sign up with a VPN service provider. Make sure that your VPN provider has a considerable number of VPN servers scattered around the world.
- Next, set up the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, or iOS device.
- From within the application, connect to a VPN server close to your real location.
- Once the VPN connection has been established, head back to pubg.disquse.ru
- Re-do the ping test you’ve done earlier.
- Your ping time should be drastically reduced.
In case you aren’t totally satisfied with the results, simply connect to a different VPN server. Generally speaking, the closer the VPN server is to your true location, the better.
Best VPN for PUBG
In order to play PUBG with no technical difficulties, you will need a fast and effective VPN. One of the best VPNs for PUBG with awesome speeds, numerous servers to choose from, high security, good customer service and more is ExpressVPN. Take a look at the other VPN service providers that will enhance your PUBG gaming experience. For an in-depth analysis of all these services, take a look at our best VPN for PUBG review.
Tips to Reduce Lag in PUBG
Latency issues with PUBG or maybe your actual geolocation won’t let you access PUBG the way you want to. This is why we have come up with this list below to help you enjoy a lag-free PUBG gaming experience.
- Check the stability of the PC.
- Disable overclocks.
- Monitor running programs.
- keep a look out for any performance bottlenecks in your system.
- Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet network cable, this will stabilize your Internet connection. A wired Internet connection is generally better than a WiFi connection when it comes to online gaming.
- Close background processes (for both Windows & Mac gamers), such as Antivirus upgrades, Windows Updates, and Torrent clients and Download Managers.
- Go to game settings and lower the Resolution, Anti-aliasing, Shadow Quality, Texture Quality, and Virtual Sync.
- Close files or activities that take up a lot of ram and bandwidth. Stop downloads when possible.
- Disconnect other devices like tablet PCs, mobile phones, and other online devices.
- Consider enabling the QoS feature on your router for it prioritizes traffic so that more important traffic can pass first.
- Contact your internet service provider. Some ISPs have special pools for online gaming.
- Reboot your network hardware by unplugging your router and modem for 30 minutes.
- Switch your Nate type from ‘Restricted’ to ‘Moderate’ or ‘Open’. This has a tremendous effect on your download speeds and gaming experience, especially if you’re using a PS4 or Xbox One.
Fix PUBG Lag
PUBG is one of the best battle royale games for its realistic military landscape, good maps, vehicles, and more precise shooting mechanics. Parachute your way on to PUBG’s sprawling maps along with 99 other players without a single glitch. We have presented you with many solutions to get rid of that PUBG lag, all of which can be achieved with a VPN. Despite the fact that you can jump easily back into the game after dying due to a lag, a VPN can ensure you a longer lifespan with low latency. So why take your chances?