Amazon Prime Instant Video/LoveFilm
is a service that offers German dubbed video on demand exclusively in Germany. It currently offers its subscribers over 13,000 movies and series episodes.
If you want to watch the German Version of Amazon Instant Video/Love Film
outside Germany you need one of two solutions: VPN or Smart DNS. Hence, German expats living in France, UK, Spain, USA, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Luxemburg, or anywhere else need a workaround. VPN or Smart DNS allow you to bypass geographical restrictions and stream Amazon Prime Instant Video online.
How to watch Amazon Prime Instant Video outside Germany using VPN or Smart DNS Proxies
Amazon Instant Video can be watched on
- Windows PCs.
- Mac PCs.
- Kindle Fire HDX.
- Xbox 360.
- Xbox One.
- Smart TVs.
Watch Amazon Prime Instant Video outside Germany using VPN
A virtual private network, VPN, will rechannel all your traffic through a server located outside. Therefore, you will appear to be virtually living in a different country. Thus, you can unlock services and application that are usually restricted to other regions in the world such as Prime Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu, BEIN Sports, Itv Player, and many more. VPN also allows you to do the following:
- VPN gives you the ability to safely surf the web and hide your IP address.
- VPN encrypts all your traffic allowing you to go online anonymously, prohibiting websites from tracking your online activity.
- VPN is immune against suspicious ISP policies like Transparent Proxies and DNS Hijacking.
- Some devices don’t support VPN and in such instances, the router itself must be VPN-compatible.
During my tests, I found that ExpressVPN offers a good server selection, decent speeds, and easy to use apps. Here’s a list of top VPN providers with good German servers.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
- Extra security features
- Extensions for Firefox and Chrome
- Split-tunneling available
How to unlock Amazon Prime Instant Video Outside Germany using Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS offers an alternative solution to unblock websites and services from all over the globe. The difference between Smart DNS and VPN is that Smart DNS only redirects some portion of your connection and not all of it. Smart DNS has other benefits:
- Smart DNS works on almost all devices you can think of: Unblock BBC, Netflix, Vudu, ESPN Player, and other channels on your Smart TV, iPad, iPhone, Android device, or PC. This works by simply setting up your preferred device or router with Unlocator DNS codes. When setting up your router, all devices connected to it will be automatically unrestricted.
- People who set up Smart DNS experience no decline in their internet speed.
- Smart DNS also gives you the capability to enjoy services and application belonging to different regions concurrently. You could watch Germany’s Amazon Prime Instant Video and the US version of Netflix at the same time without the need to make significant changes.
A good Smart DNS provider such as Unlocator, for instance, offers around 214 unblocked movie streaming services and a free one-week trial to try its services out with no additional charges. Take a look at the step-by-step guides and videos to help you set up your device.
In case your ISP carries out Transparent Proxies or DNS Hijacking, both which are dubious strategies, you will be unable to apply Smart DNS on your router or other devices.
Hopefully, the above information provided you with all you need to know about the benefits of VPN or Smart DNS. Either of the two is a probable solution to unblock and enjoy the internet of today to its full extent. Please do comment below if you still have any further questions.