How to hack FireStick with Kodi? So, you’ve got yourself a brand new Amazon Fire TV and are wondering how to install Kodi on it to get the most out of it. In this tutorial, I will show you how to jailbreak your FireStick without the need for a PC, Mac, or any other device beside the Fire TV itself. In the end, you will be able to access Kodi in all its glory. Thus, watch latest movies, TV shows, and live streams. So, here’s how to jailbreak FireStick in three simple steps.
How to Hack FireStick in 3 Simple Steps
How to Hack FireStick – Content Index
Is It Illegal to Hack A FireStick?
Given that the Amazon FireStick is your private property, you are free to do with it as you wish. Downloading Kodi on a Fire TV is completely legal, for instance. However, you can potentially get into legal trouble for watching pirated streams or using illegal Kodi addons. This is why we do recommend using VPN on your Fire Stick. That way, your ISP can no longer see what you are doing online.
First Step: Hide IP on FireStick
The first step of hacking your FireStick is the most important. You need to hide your IP address to prevent your ISP from spying on what you are watching on your FireStick. This means you will not get copyright infringement notices regardless of what you are doing online. You need to install a VPN on the Fire TV to hide your IP address.
Not many VPNs work on the FireStick. However, ExpressVPN does. So, if you want to enable VPN on your Fire Stick, I’d suggest signing up with ExpressVPN. Once done, follow these steps.
ExpressVPN are one of the first VPN service providers to have a dedicated VPN app for the Amazon Fire TV and FireStick. Setting it all up is pretty straight forward. The VPN app itself is free, but you do need an ExpressVPN
account to sign in.
- First head over to ExpressVPN and register your VPN account.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
Go to Apps
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Choose the ExpressVPN app.
- In case you cannot find the ‘Utility’ section on your FireStick, simply use the search function and look for ExpressVPN on the Amazon Store instead.
- Next, Select the ‘Get’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign into the VPN app using your ExpressVPN Username and Password.
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
- Once the VPN connection has been established, simply click the home button on your Fire Stick remote control.
VPN has two main benefits. First of all, you can now access geoblocked channels on your FireStick. Additionally, you can now watch movies, TV shows, on Kodi anonymously.
Step Two: Hack FireStick with Kodi
There are several ways you can use to jailbreak your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Setting up Kodi on it is the most popular.
Installing Kodi on your FireStick involves two steps. The first thing to do is install the ES File Explorer. Without the ES File Explorer, you will not be able to install Kodi on FireStick.
Step 1: Installing ES File Explorer on FireStick
- On your Fire TV, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’.
- Click on the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app.
Step 2: Install Kodi on FireStick via ES Explorer
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/kodi.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi installation file will now begin to download.
- You can select the ‘Hide’ option. Then go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ to check the download process.
- Once the Kodi apk file is downloaded, you can install it on your FireStick.
- Go back to your Fire TV home screen.
- Launch the Kodi app.
Step Three – Install your First Kodi Addon
Follow these steps to install any Kodi video addon on your Fire Stick.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons
- Click on any video addon you wish to add -> Install.
- Wait until you see Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install will appear here.
How to Hack FireStick in 3 Simple Steps
So, in summary, setup VPN on the FireStick. Then, download and install Kodi. Finally, install a video add-on. If you get stuck during the jailbreak, simply drop a comment below and I will gladly help you out.