How to Hide IP Address on Android phones and tablets? There are many reasons why one would want to hide his/her IP address, and privacy ranks as the first. If you’re looking for a way to change your IP, that must mean you know what an IP is. IP stands for “Internet Protocol”, which technically is a set of rules that govern Internet activity. It’s a computer technology that facilitates the communication between devices over the Internet, but most importantly it reveals the location of Interner users. That’s particularly what users want to hide, their location. For many reasons, location can be an obstacle when it comes to TV watching, security, and privacy. Since people can’t just pack and move, a virtual change in IP would do just the trick. If you happen to own an Android device, and you want to mask your IP, read on to know what you have to do.
Hide your IP Address on Android with a VPN
A VPN is the quickest, easiest, and the most reliable way to hide your IP address while online. A Virtual Private Network operates by connecting your device to one of its servers over the Internet. After you download the VPN app and open the software, a list of servers in different countries will appear. You then get to choose whatever server you want, and the server you end up connecting to will give you its IP address. All of your data travels through that digital tunnel- that a VPN creates- and gets encrypted along the way. You connection also gets rerouted through the server you connected to thus making it look like you are accessing the Internet from there. Here’s how you hide your IP on your Android device using a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN service provider that offers its users VPN apps for Android devices.
- Download and install your VPN app on your Android device.
- Launch the application and sign in.
- Select one of the VPN servers and connect to it.
- Check your IP address via a website like WhatIsMyIP.network to make sure a change has been made.
- You have officially hidden your IP address from ISPs and third parties.
A good VPN service provider for Android capable of successfully hiding your IP would be ExpressVPN. This service provider offers fantastic services accompanied by a wide range of features sure to satisfy its customers. They keep you fully anonymous, safe and secure. There are other service providers that enable you to change your IP, and they’re presented to you in the table below.
- Best for streaming and privacy
- High speed servers in 160 VPN locations
- Works for Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu
- 24/7/ live chat support
- 3 extra months free on annual plan
- UltraHD streaming
- Free Smart DNS proxy
- Unblocks all major streaming services
- Limited Time 72% Discount
- Unlimited VPN connections
- Over 1000 servers
- Ad-blocking feature available
- User-friendly application
- Exclusive Smart VPN feature
- Standalone Smart DNS subscription available
Why Hide IP Address on Android?
By using a VPN on your Android device, your main goal is making sure you’re safe and invisible online. That’s exactly what a VPN does when you connect to one. When you launch the VPN app on your Android, your location would be private on the network. That means that you won’t leave any traces of your online activity while you’re on the Internet. By hiding your IP address you would be doing your online privacy a favor so let’s take a look at all the possible reasons why you would hide your IP on your Android:
- Safely store confidential information on your Android devices.
- Browse the web anonymously.
- Workaround any Internet access blocks by virtually changing location.
- Access geo-restricted sites and content. In case you’re looking for a way to change your Android location, see this guide.
- Hide your activity from your Internet Service Provider.
- Get Internet freedom.
- Sony Xperia
- Samsung Galaxy
- Google Pixel
Hide your IP on your Android
Given all the benefits a hidden IP address has to offer, one can’t help but start looking for a guaranteed way to hide his/hers. So if you are searching for a trick to hide your Android phone’s IP address, then all you’ll need is a VPN. After you have done so, you’ll be able to visit any website, install any app, watch any video on your Samsung, LG, HTC, etc. If you’re still uncertain about which VPN you should sign up for to hide your IP, check out our review on best VPN for Android.